?? regarding 1st and Last months rent (IAC)

glamis_lvr_IHB

if i had put a deposit (cashier's check that had already been cashed by the leasing office) for the first and two last months rent and am giving my 30 days notice, will i be required to pay for the last month or can i just have that taken out of my deposit?

On this topic, has anyone who reads this forum moved out of an IAC apartment in Woodbury? My date is rapidly approaching and I want to get a feel for how bad they are with keeping your deposit for otherwise-clean units.

thanks for the quick replies! Mojo, i will be moving out of Woodbury in October so i'll let you know how the move out process is. thanks again!

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1250923779]On this topic, has anyone who reads this forum moved out of an IAC apartment in Woodbury? My date is rapidly approaching and I want to get a feel for how bad they are with keeping your deposit for otherwise-clean units.</blockquote>

we got charged less than 300 for cleaning and painting when we moved out of our townhouse at Woodbury place in December of 2008. The fees were very reasonable. Much more so than private landlords in my opinion.

Woodbury place will automatically charge you cleaning and touch-up. We left our place extremely clean and even went through the trouble of hiring a cleaning person prior to moving out. Still, the leasing office stated that they needed their crew to do the final cleaning. lesson learned - next time i'll leave some work for the incoming cleaning crew.

[quote author="cantaloop" date=1250947407]Woodbury place will automatically charge you cleaning and touch-up. lesson learned - next time i'll leave some work for the incoming cleaning crew.</blockquote>

this is good to know. i will make sure to do no cleaning! =)

I don't live in the Woodbury complex, but I do live in an IAC. I have seen the checklist they gave us for what must be cleaned. Our next door neighbor moved out recently and I was surprised that the cleaning crew was busy in there for about three full days straight... and I've seen her place when she lived there, it wasn't really messy. Well I snuck inside after they were done to take a look. You couldn't tell anyone had ever lived there. They did an extremely thorough job. Much better than any maid service could do, in my opinion.

[quote author="glamis_lvr" date=1250987874][quote author="cantaloop" date=1250947407]Woodbury place will automatically charge you cleaning and touch-up. lesson learned - next time i'll leave some work for the incoming cleaning crew.</blockquote>

this is good to know. i will make sure to do no cleaning! =)</blockquote>

I've done several IAC moveouts now (including WB Place) and can concur. Give yourself a break and don't bother cleaning at all. Their standards are extremely high for move out. Let them take it out of your deposit.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1250988980]I don't live in the Woodbury complex, but I do live in an IAC. I have seen the checklist they gave us for what must be cleaned. Our next door neighbor moved out recently and I was surprised that the <strong>cleaning crew</strong> was busy in there for about three full days straight... and I've seen her place when she lived there, it wasn't really messy. Well I snuck inside after they were done to take a look. You couldn't tell anyone had ever lived there. They did an extremely thorough job. Much better than any maid service could do, in my opinion.</blockquote>

What kind of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/Cleaner_crime">cleaners</a> were they? ;-P

Back