Refilling Propane Tank in Irvine

lucky760

I've never had a propane tank to refill before, but I need to fill one today (for our new patio heater) and it occurred to me I have no idea where there is a propane filling station in Irvine. I guess I could just call every gas station until I find one with propane, but since Google doesn't seem to help, I thought you fine folks might be able to. I'm sure someone else here has had to buy propane before.

Do you have any idea where can I refill a propane tank in Irvine (preferably close-ish to Stonegate)?

I think most gas stations (and hardware stores) have a tank swapping service.

You bring in an empty tank, pay a fee and take one of their filled tanks (from what I remember).

irvinehomeowner said:

You bring in an empty tank, pay a fee and take one of their filled tanks (from what I remember).

I wonder if that's the only option. The tank I bought (from Costco) has a gauge built into it so I can see the level of propane remaining. I doubt I'd be swapping it for something similar. : \

I've never actually refilled any propane tank in Irvine....  I've only had propane tank EXCHANGES, where you bring in your old tank, pay a fee, in exchange you get the privilege of swapping your empty tank with a full one.

I know home depot on Woodbury plaza offers this service, but I don't think their tanks have a built in gauge.

The closest spot: You can refill your tank at the Chevron station at the top of Jamboree, where it meets Chapman. (close to Irvine Regional Park)
You keep your existing tank.

-IR2

lucky said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I wonder if that's the only option. The tank I bought (from Costco) has a gauge built into it so I can see the level of propane remaining. I doubt I'd be swapping it for something similar. : \
As others mentioned, you can get it filled.

I did the same thing, bought that huge tank at Costco and then had it filled at a U-Haul (I think there is one in the Construction Circle off of Barranca near the District).

I'm a fan of always having an extra tank in case you run out of fuel in the middle of a BBQ.  That way you don't need the gauge.  I also do tank exchange, easy peasy. 

Two tanks also mean you have one full tank in the event of an earthquake to provide cooking for several days if needed.

ps9 said:
Trabuco and culver, shell station will refill them

Successfully filled up this afternoon. Minimum price there is $21.60, but you can't go over that with a standard tank.

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

Back