Redevelopment and OCGP

akim997

I was reading the news and saw that the state, for budgetary reasons, ruled on the right to dissolve redevopment agencies.  I don't know what a redevelopment agency is, but am assuming they are state funded (duh)...

Apparently, the Great Park was supposed to utilize funding and resources from such an agency, which is now in jepoardy.  I forgot who the builder/builders are, but what are they supposed to do if the park doesn't get built?  I know there are plans for a good deal of residential development (along with a recent vote and approval to up the number of units).   

Ultimately, what happens to the GP besides a balloon, farmers market and food trucks? 

I don't keep up to date on GP developments, but thought I'd open it up to discussion...

How much do you want to bet that TIC lobbies the government to cut funding for/dissolve such agencies? 

kinetics said:
Re-purpose it as a race track.  There's already plenty of concrete.

That way, I don't have to drive 3+ hours to Buttonwillow or Willowsprings for track days.
OMG, I would LOVE that.  Do you go to the BMW CCA events or the PCA events?  Or the other ones like Redline and Speed Ventures?

Back