Recommendations for garage floor epoxy

pjs4x4

I plan to get my garage done with epoxy. I read a previous thread and it appears that most off the of the shelf stuff from home Depot and Lowe's is not the same quality as some used by professional installers. Plus, I don't want to take on this as a diy project. How much should I expect to pay? I have a 2 car garage with a small work space and I just moved in about 1 month ago so not too much prep work would have to be done.

Does anyone have recommendations for an installer?

I used Vision Garage Flooring (Curtis) for 3-car garage epoxy floor and paid just under $2,000.  They do the epoxy flooring for many new homes, including Irvine Pacific homes.

USCTrojanCPA said:
I used Vision Garage Flooring (Curtis) for 3-car garage epoxy floor and paid just under $2,000.  They do the epoxy flooring for many new homes, including Irvine Pacific homes.

Asked for a quote and stated that you referred me. Thank you

pjs4x4 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Cool, let us know how it turns out...

going with CA resurfacing for a 2 car garage for 1480

check out his yelp. He's super proud of his work and his A+ BBB ratings.

We will see how he does

pjs4x4 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Did you end up epoxying your garage?

Just finished breaking up my garage floor and pouring a new slab. Gonna rent a cement grinder from HD. There are so many different epoxy floor coatings on the market. Lots of choices and very confusing. I looked at the kits that are sold in HD and Lowe’s. Any recommendations/experience on a high-quality, commercial-grade product? Thanks.

Get the epoxy done by a company that has experience. I’ve used these guys at 2 homes over the years:

Yep, use a pro. I used a kit from HD for my rental condo and it's basically like slapping a layer of paint on concrete. Super thin and cheap looking. I used a pro for the house I'm living in now and it still looks perfect 3 years later. Better materials, much more flakes, and a thicker top epoxy layer. It's worth the money.

I used Concrete Creations to remove the partial epoxy and rubber tile glue from my garage floor and put down a new layer of epoxy. They did a great job. Owner is Jeremy and he can be reached at 949-394-4941.

Back