Recommendation for plumber for RO system

timandjess

We have existing hardware for reverse osmosis and water softener.  It seems impossible to find a plumber to come out and make the installation.

We've called several asking for quotes but for one reason or another, none has made it out in two weeks!  This baffles me, is business that good for OC plumbers?

If anyone has any recommendations, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Plumber typically install this for 350 to 400 hundred. I can do it for half. I have installed my own reverse osmossi system on all of my rental and I have done more than a dozen. Let me know if you want to save some money.

Muzila Plumbing installed our RO. We are very satisfied with their service. They had purchased all the material as well, so I am not sure if they would do just installs. Their website: muzilaplumbing.com

if you are buying new homes, maybe going with builder is better because the water pipe goes into your fridge will be connected to your RO system instead of tap water.
So you don't need to keep buying filters for the fridge which save you money in the long run.

OC troll said:
Call "Just-In-Time plumbing". They're awesome, have used them for other plumbing needs. They've done custom installs for me. Look them up on yelp. Excellent reviews and very reasonable pricing. They also have great subs for dry wall too if you ever need to punch some holes.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/justintime-plumbing-newport-beach?osq=justin+time+plumbing

+1 on these guys.  I just used them myself.  They love yelp (they even have a customized license plate for yelp) so they really try to go above and beyond to earn your good review. 

Install on a RO should be pretty straight forward.  I did it myself and I would say it's easier than installing the faucet.  Hopefully it won't cost you more than $150.

Thanks for the recommendation.

The only thing I'm worried about installing the RO is drilling the faucet hole into my new caesar counter. 

Been there done that. There is a good youtube on how to drill this. Just have to make sure you get the right tool and diamond bits. I got one if you brave enough to drill it. It's not that big of a deal.

timandjess said:

The only thing I'm worried about installing the RO is drilling the faucet hole into my new caesar counter.

I had the same feeling. Even with a professional. So I opted for no RO system. Just a faucet and an air-gap. Looks cleanier anyway  ;D
Good luck!

timandjess said:

Just use the air-gap hole for the dishwasher.  It's not really needed and you can put it back when you sell the house.

Two reasons for an air gap:
1. Prevent raw sewage from potentially backing up INTO the dishwasher. By eliminating the direct connection between the sewage line and the dishwasher, you've eliminated that chance.

2. If the drain becomes clogged, the air gap will discharged the dishwasher water into the sink

Compressed-Village said:
1. Prevent raw sewage from potentially backing up INTO the dishwasher. By eliminating the direct connection between the sewage line and the dishwasher, you've eliminated that chance.

2. If the drain becomes clogged, the air gap will discharged the dishwasher water into the sink

I've heard an air gap is recommended by the manufacturer but some plumbers don't think you need it due to recent dishwasher technologies, however, I've had friends with first hand experience what can go wrong without the air gap. I would keep the air gap.

Compressed-Village said:

Just make sure to raise the drain line so gravity keeps the water from going to the dishwasher.  Me, my father and my brother have used the dishwasher air gap hole to install our RO system and have had no problems these past 10 years (we each have had multiple properties).   

Ya I've heard about the air gap is an outdated requirement in the code when we sold our old home.  The dishwashers all have their drain lines run a certain way that water will not be backed up.

Thanks for the advice, I'll think about doing that.

woodburyowner said:
Compressed-Village said:

Just make sure to raise the drain line so gravity keeps the water from going to the dishwasher.  Me, my father and my brother have used the dishwasher air gap hole to install our RO system and have had no problems these past 10 years (we each have had multiple properties). 

So I'm mapping out the lines under my sink and I think I got this.  But one question is does anyone know where a refrigerator ice maker supply line suppose to go?

I recall our old RO system was hooked up to a supply line under the kitchen sink that's connected to the supply on the back wall of the refrigerator.

I can't seem to located that line under this sink.

Would it be this blue line in the picture?  (BTW all the pipings inside the walls are these blue and red hard plastic pipes.  No metal no copper).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 107
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 93
Well got the RO installed, but still can't figure out the fridge supply.  Confirmed the blue pex line is the fridge supply shutoff, but not too sure how to make that connection.

Back