Reclaimed Water Use In Irvine Concerns

movingtoOC

Every article I read reports that cytotoxic drugs/chemotherapy drugs are unable to be removed from water treatment facilities. Anyone concerned regarding the negative health effects to us and our kids when these toxic agents in reclaimed water is used on our streets? I'm new to Irvine. Who decided it was ok to use this water in Irvine despite being unable to remove toxic agents???

HMart said:
What are you doing with this reclaimed water? Don't drink it.

Maybe this?

11.jpg

movingtoOC said:
Every article I read reports that cytotoxic drugs/chemotherapy drugs are unable to be removed from water treatment facilities. Anyone concerned regarding the negative health effects to us and our kids when these toxic agents in reclaimed water is used on our streets? I'm new to Irvine. Who decided it was ok to use this water in Irvine despite being unable to remove toxic agents???

Don't worry about the water. The soil is already toxic enough. Haven't you heard of "The Plume"???

movingtoOC said:

hope you dont live near the great park. LOL

According to the Irvine Company website timeline, Irvine Company and Irvine Ranch water district teamed up and started using reclaimed water in 1967.

hello said:
movingtoOC said:

hope you dont live near the great park. LOL

Here we go. Environmental thread part (I lost count)

Back