Received an automated call from Irvine Police Dept.

SoCal78_IHB

I don't know if this is routine (it's never happened to me before), but I received an automated call from Irvine P.D. with information about some vehicle break-ins and vandalism that happened last night as well as a warning to keep things safe. I talked to the leasing office here and they said the call will be placed to everyone in a few complexes around here. Do other cities do this? They are looking for the perps. Ironically, I do have information on them and tried leaving a message earlier today but the crime prevention unit hasn't called me back.

I do not get these courtesy police phone call here at my neck of the wood. However, the cars here are not worth breaking into either. The siren around town here have been mostly ambulance siren coming from your direction.

Hope you find the Perps soon and send them back here. I told them not to stick around after they finished the landscape maintenance and they don't listen.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1258711758]I do not get these courtesy police phone call here at my neck of the wood. However, the cars here are not worth breaking into either. <strong>The siren around town here have been mostly ambulance siren coming from your direction. </strong>

Hope you find the Perps soon and send them back here. I told them not to stick around after they finished the landscape maintenance and they don't listen.</blockquote>

Don't forget that we can't hear anything due to the gunshots every night at 9:30.

BK's and Tmare's hood is nicer than ours, so hearing that they don't get these calls from their PD either prevented me from having even an ounce of Irvine envy. Thanks!

In my years of housing industry experience Irvine's top 2 attributes perceived by consumers have been school and safety. The only reason why homes have clever floor plans was to chipping away land. Floor plans could not be sloppy when land is not available.

The recent suicide rate in Irvine has been alarming. Irvine has the highest so far compared to neighboring cities of Tustin, LF, AV. MV, NB and CM.

In my book, schools have been my only consideration and not crime because of govermental agency corruption crime info was censored and manipulated to protect a citywide business interest.

Scholars and educators for years have preached the conflict of interest when the police department shares the same roof with the city hall politicians. We should never mix safety with politics.

Back