Realtors - please stop wasting water!

rkp said:
i never understood the drenching of the driveway or patio for the pics.  who started this and why did it take off? 

this one is just over the top - they drenched the entire street in front as well. 
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/9-Glenhaven-Ln-92620/home/4790102

note to realtors, this just wastes water and doesnt help you sell the property faster.

It is over the top. 

However I am a person that finds the pictures more appealing when the concrete has been wetted. 

I know that it is a trick and the driveway won't look like that 99% of the time, but it's still nice.  Also covers up any cracks in the concrete.... at least for picture purposes.

rkp said:
i never understood the drenching of the driveway or patio for the pics.  who started this and why did it take off? 

this one is just over the top - they drenched the entire street in front as well. 
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/9-Glenhaven-Ln-92620/home/4790102

note to realtors, this just wastes water and doesnt help you sell the property faster.

My understanding is that it covers up concrete discolorations and also mutes the 'brightness' of concrete so you pay more attention to the object (house in this case) since it stands out more.

Nice house.  I like the floor layout but I would not pay anywhere close to $1.4 mil for that.  South County living for me!

dont get me wrong, i get the effect.  its common to take pics of cars for sale the same way

my point is that many times, its over the top with everything being sprayed down and i think way overrated on many of the homes.  i see it on old homes, starter homes, etc.

I agree this is bad... but not as bad as realtors who take pictures from the roofs of these Quail Hill homes and tout them as "view" homes.  But from the back yard you stare right into the windows of your neighbors.  Or Turtle Ridge realtors who take a 20x zoom picture and say there is a "panoramic ocean view."

I dunno... if it makes the pictures look better... I would want my realtor to do it.

At least they didn't Photoshop it, one picture of a QH home, they deleted the next door neighbor's home so it didn't look like it was so close to it.

irvinehomeowner said:
At least they didn't Photoshop it, on every TIC brochure, they deleted the next door neighbor's home so it didn't look like it was so close to it.

Fixed that for you

Back