Realtor rebate for new house

sleepy5136 said:
Oh yes, I definitely plan to use an inspector. Thank you all for helping me out. Really glad I found this forum and very appreciative for the support here.

I'm glad you found the forum and discovered helpful information. You'll buy and sell many homes in your life so now you know what to look for in an agent next time. Btw, now you probably know why your agent has done as many transactions as she has in the past 3 years.

USCTrojanCPA said:
JadedOne said:
Cares said:
I also recommend to pay for an inspector just prior to your 1 year anniversary when your warranty with the builder ends. Then file all your claims.

Great tip - never thought of this.

Here's the inspector you want to use for new homes...a builder's worst nightmare and buyer's best friend.

Steve from Bilt-Rite
https://www.yelp.com/biz/bilt-rite-property-inspections-and-consulting-llc-yorba-linda-2

Yup! I saw you guys reference him in other posts so I contacted him in January. I expected our first conversation to be 5 minutes max and it ended up being one hour. hahaha

sleepy5136 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
JadedOne said:
Cares said:
I also recommend to pay for an inspector just prior to your 1 year anniversary when your warranty with the builder ends. Then file all your claims.

Great tip - never thought of this.

Here's the inspector you want to use for new homes...a builder's worst nightmare and buyer's best friend.

Steve from Bilt-Rite
https://www.yelp.com/biz/bilt-rite-property-inspections-and-consulting-llc-yorba-linda-2

Yup! I saw you guys reference him in other posts so I contacted him in January. I expected our first conversation to be 5 minutes max and it ended up being one hour. hahaha

Yeah, he is a talker...that's a warning for everyone else on here.  haha

Random question related to rebates on a new home...if I attend a new build preview event, will that be considered showing up without a realtor? I signed up for several interest lists on new communities and wanted to attend the in-person event to learn more about the floor plans and the community, but I don't have a realtor at this time.

Random question related to rebates on a new home...if I attend a new build preview event, will that be considered showing up without a realtor? I signed up for several interest lists on new communities and wanted to attend the in-person event to learn more about the floor plans and the community, but I don't have a realtor at this time.

Just email or call Martin if you don't have one, highly recommended. And if you don't feel its a good fit for you move onto another, give him a chance. He likely knows the majority of the sales agents at all the new builds and provides a rebate.

You'll want to bring your agent to the preview because the homebuilder's rule is that your first physical visit to the sales office needs to be with your agent. The homebuilder will make you sign in and that'll indicate that you came without a realtor so then you won't be able to register with an agent later. Hope to assist if you would like and I provide rebates to all my buyers, including new home purchases.

Back