Real Estate Investing Assocation

PANDA_IHB

I've always wanted to join some sort of REIA in Orange County. I was wondering if any of you are part of OC Investors Club? I did find one real estate investing club below.Is it any good?

OC Investors Club

Email: bo@ocinvestor.com

Phone: 949-874-5704

Phone: 866-Two-Invest (800-896-4683)

Address: 7545 Irvine Ctr. Drive Ste. 200, Irvine, CA 92618

I've read somewhere that if you are mainly interested in becoming an investor instead of an agent, having a sales or broker's license can actually hurt you for certain disclosure reasons and your actions are judged at a higher professional standard. I've also heard that you can not take avantage of certain short sales if you are buying for yourself. Is this true?

I have zero interest in becoming an agent, but i did take all the 8 course requirement (3 were waived) to sit for the California broker's just for my personal education in agency, contracts, disclosures and California RE laws, etc. For disclosure reasons I've stated above, i've decided not to take broker's exam at this time.

By having access to the MLS, would you say that your advantages are far greater in finding deals than an investor who does not have access?

I guess the question i am trying to ask is if your main interest is in investing, not selling and buying for others, is there more pros/cons of having a license than not having one.

Biscuit, It appears you invest in your backyard and out-of-state, and I would love to hear your thoughts and stories about investing. Please do share your RE investing horror stories if you have any.

Back