Real Estate Classes

halfnote19_IHB

For the fun of it I have decided to take some real estate classes offered at IVC.

Now I understand why many real estate agents are the way they are. Its something taught to them in the very beginning.

Some of the things the prof is saying just make me stare at him in disbelief.

Here are a few examples of what he has said.

1- Now is a time to buy. Real Estate is Hot HOT HOT and very affordable.

2- The high end of the market is not in distress.

3- Doing a short sale <strong>DOES NOT</strong> affect your credit score.

I've kind of maintained for years that most of them really aren't lying like some would have us believe. They really are that gullible and stupid and most believe the crap flying out of their mouths. I don't mean to insult the good ones, and I know their are some. The problem is that the some of the common denominators between the agents I know are:

1. Lack of education (even a HS diploma or GED)

2. Desire for shortcuts in life.

3. Short attention span.

4. Belief in "get rich quick" schemes.

5. Not prone to research their field or even read the newspaper.

6. General incompetence.

[quote author="halfnote19" date=1233883557]For the fun of it I have decided to take some real estate classes offered at IVC.

Now I understand why many real estate agents are the way they are. Its something taught to them in the very beginning.

3- Doing a short sale <strong>DOES NOT</strong> affect your credit score.</blockquote>
I think we should all take the class and debate with the professor/teacher until he/she has a mental breakdown. :coolsmirk:

I will be teaching a course on the Curse of garages destroying the beauty of our town. Main Street is now Main Street parking Lot.

[quote author="halfnote19" date=1233883557]For the fun of it I have decided to take some real estate classes offered at IVC.

3- Doing a short sale <strong>DOES NOT</strong> affect your credit score.</blockquote>

Ah, sounds like the Professor is dirt bag. Remember those who can not do, teach. Don't let this moron influence you there are a lot of good RE agents who are truthful and are professional. I question his credentials. Of course most of NAR members (Not one of them) are spin doctors and believe their own BS that they have no idea what they are saying. In my opinion 80% of resale agents are idiots.

This is exactly why RE agent should be regulated by some governmental agencies.

These people influence the biggest financial decision someone makes in their life.

I think it's hit and miss. There are some great RE agents out there. We had one who worked very hard to find a buyer for a property that was basically "not saleable" (for a couple different reasons). I don't think she made much money considering the amount of time/effort/advertising dollars she spent on our "lemon" of a property. I am grateful to her to this day.

I forgot to mention the whole talk he had about commission.

First he said commission is negotiable but most people do 6%.

Then a student said most properties he has seen its been more like 5%.

He agreed but still continued with 6% as an example.

He also said you can list the selling agents commission at 2% but don't expect too many people to stop by with their clients.

He told us currently the median price in OC is under 400k but he was going to show us how much we<i> really</i> could make.

So he did the commissions on a 600k home. With a broker split of 70/30, because as a new agent you can get that much.

So your commission comes out to 12.6k!! And this is just one sale!!

Let me guess....your professor's 2nd job is as a broker at Keller Williams. It's a huge ponzi scheme over there, a friend of mine works there.

[quote author="Native Son" date=1233979372]Let me guess....your professor's 2nd job is as a broker at Keller Williams. It's a huge ponzi scheme over there, a friend of mine works there.</blockquote>
I know he is a broker, don't know where.

[quote author="halfnote19" date=1233983635][quote author="Native Son" date=1233979372]Let me guess....your professor's 2nd job is as a broker at Keller Williams. It's a huge ponzi scheme over there, a friend of mine works there.</blockquote>
I know he is a broker, don't know where.</blockquote>

It's not Pangborn or Urell, is it?

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1233984142][quote author="halfnote19" date=1233983635][quote author="Native Son" date=1233979372]Let me guess....your professor's 2nd job is as a broker at Keller Williams. It's a huge ponzi scheme over there, a friend of mine works there.</blockquote>
I know he is a broker, don't know where.</blockquote>

It's not Pangborn or Urell, is it?</blockquote> It's Pangborn

Back