Real Conversation...

traceimage

...that I had with my husband tonight.

Him: We got a coupon for Inka. Inka makes really good fried rice.
Me: I've never been there...well, maybe with my family years ago...can't remember...I probably wouldn't order fried rice if we went...
(blah blah blah)
Me: Oh, wait, Peruvian food! That reminds me, I want to try that new Peruvian place across from South Coast Plaza. IHO said it was good.
Him: Well, if *IHO* says it's good, then it must be good!

I just think it's hilarious that my husband knows who "IHO" is, even though he's not even a member of TalkIrvine. Just wanted to share. :)

ETA: And to make it even more ridiculous, he pronounces it like "EEHO," because I do, even though it makes no sense.

EEHO thinks the Peruvian place is closed.

Bella Cuba is good.

What type of food is INKA? Sounds Mayan. :) If they have good fried rice, I want to try.

Please tell Mr. Traceimage that the EEHO family talks about him too.

Oh yeah, it's called Bella Cuba, right? Why did I think it was Peruvian? Haha.

Mr. Traceimage says Inka is on Sand Canyon/Barranca inside an office park. It's Peruvian. There's also one in Huntington Beach. That's the one I may have gone to at some point. Supposedly the owners have an attractive daughter that used to work in the Irvine location, so Mr. TI's co-workers used to drag him there for lunch a lot. Apparently the fried rice has a lot of eggs in it (which is why my husband likes it so much).

homer_simpson said:
Yeah that green sauce is Ahhmazing.  Order the Inka special and then pile on the green sauce :)

Sand canyon and barranca? I must try it!l

There also a pretty good Peruvian place down Alton and Laguna canyon across from Alcon and Blizzard. 

I think the fried rice is called Chaufa de carne?

I usually stick with the saltados, I use to frequent Mario's in La Mirada, really good seafood saltados.  Rice, fries, seafood, garlicky buttery soy sauce and splash of green sauce....it's east meets west meets east again...so good it makes you wanna slap yo mama.

homer_simpson said:
homer_simpson said:
Yeah that green sauce is Ahhmazing.  Order the Inka special and then pile on the green sauce :)

Sand canyon and barranca? I must try it!l

There also a pretty good Peruvian place down Alton and Laguna canyon across from Alcon and Blizzard. 

I think the fried rice is called Chaufa de carne?

Sorry, homer...just checked with husband and apparently your Alton/Laguna Canyon place is the same as his Sand Canyon/Barranca place. But at least you both like it!

When I was at Bella Cuba today, I noticed that the Peruvian restaurant is still there but now it's called Inka Mama. Has anyone tried it?

Back