Reading While Driving

Cameray_IHB

I've seen people text, eat, talk on their cell phone and put on their makeup while driving. Today I witnessed a gal in a white Scion XB reading a book while driving on the south on the 405 fwy. I've heard of multitasking but really.

I used to do it all the time when I was driving down the I-5 between Valencia and Coalinga. Mostly to stay awake in the middle of the night. :O

I've fed a baby a bottle in the backseat while driving. It really hurts. I only did that because I couldn't (and wouldn't) breastfeed while driving.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1255685118]I've fed a baby a bottle in the backseat while driving. It really hurts. I only did that because I couldn't (and wouldn't) breastfeed while driving.</blockquote>

Yeah, I guess whipping the breast around to the backseat would have hurt a little more than using your arm :p

Okay, I'm promise I really don't try to multi-task while flying down the freeway at high speeds. But, I have to admit, I'm gulity of putting on make-up, texting, and reading IHB while at stop lights. I know what I'm doing is wrong and it guilts me. But instead of stopping my bad behavior, I just pull up to the stop light in such a way that the cars to my side don't have a clear view of what I'm doing.

My husband was driving on the 57 last year and witnessd a mini van weaving, changing lanes without indicators and very inconsistent speeds. When he finally was able to get up and around this dangerous driver, he saw that the woman at the wheel was reading the Koran. It was almost like a suicide bomber.

My former boss read his newspaper in the car on the way to work in the morning. He thought he was so much smarter than everyone else and this was a cool thing that the higher IQ class could pull off. It infuriareted me. Frankly, I think it's this arrogance that leads people to think that they can drive a car and talk on the phone, text, read etc... that leads them to believe that they have some super power that enables them to do these things.

[quote author="Mcdonna1980" date=1255686554]Okay, I'm promise I really don't try to multi-task while flying down the freeway at high speeds. But, I have to admit, I'm gulity of putting on make-up, texting, and reading IHB while at stop lights. I know what I'm doing is wrong and it guilts me. But instead of stopping my bad behavior, I just pull up to the stop light in such a way that the cars to my side don't have a clear view of what I'm doing.</blockquote>

*eyeroll* Women drivers...

Everyone do a little experiment. The next time you see a driver doing something stupid, check to see if he or she is on a cell phone or texting. My recent experience tells me that about 75% of the time they are talking or texting. Humans are a strange being, they always think they are smarter than the average, thinking that is usually an indication that they are not.

I don't know if this would be considered a "hands-free" device or not, but whenever I'm driving here in Irvine, I see lots of (Muslim) women talking into their cell phone that is awkwardly tucked into their head scarf so that it is held up to their ear while driving.

Men do silly things too. Yesterday I saw a guy brushing his teeth while driving. I wondered where he was going to spit so I had to watch until I could find out. If you guessed into his Big Gulp cup, you would be correct.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1255691613]I don't know if this would be considered a "hands-free" device or not, but whenever I'm driving here in Irvine, I see lots of (Muslim) women talking into their cell phone that is awkwardly tucked into their head scarf so that it is held up to their ear while driving.

Men do silly things too. Yesterday I saw a guy brushing his teeth while driving. I wondered where he was going to spit so I had to watch until I could find out. If you guessed into his Big Gulp cup, you would be correct.</blockquote>

That would be an easy ticket to fight, since it is truly "hands free". I think there is a million dollar idea in that one.

[quote author="tmare" date=1255686180][quote author="SoCal78" date=1255685118]I've fed a baby a bottle in the backseat while driving. It really hurts. I only did that because I couldn't (and wouldn't) breastfeed while driving.</blockquote>

Yeah, I guess whipping the breast around to the backseat would have hurt a little more than using your arm :p</blockquote>

Can't stop laughing.................

[quote author="stepping_up" date=1255689003]My husband was driving on the 57 last year and witnessd a mini van weaving, changing lanes without indicators and very inconsistent speeds. When he finally was able to get up and around this dangerous driver, he saw that the woman at the wheel was reading the Koran. It was almost like a suicide bomber.

My former boss read his newspaper in the car on the way to work in the morning. He thought he was so much smarter than everyone else and this was a cool thing that the higher IQ class could pull off. It infuriareted me. Frankly, I think it's this arrogance that leads people to think that they can drive a car and talk on the phone, text, read etc... that leads them to believe that they have some super power that enables them to do these things.</blockquote>

How does he know it is a Koran and not a Arabic version of the King James Bible? Not that saying he is lying or questioning his ability to able to read text from a moving vehicle, but just that I am a bit critical when it comes to certain things.

[quote author="Astute Observer" date=1255743274][quote author="stepping_up" date=1255689003]My husband was driving on the 57 last year and witnessd a mini van weaving, changing lanes without indicators and very inconsistent speeds. When he finally was able to get up and around this dangerous driver, he saw that the woman at the wheel was reading the Koran. It was almost like a suicide bomber.

My former boss read his newspaper in the car on the way to work in the morning. He thought he was so much smarter than everyone else and this was a cool thing that the higher IQ class could pull off. It infuriareted me. Frankly, I think it's this arrogance that leads people to think that they can drive a car and talk on the phone, text, read etc... that leads them to believe that they have some super power that enables them to do these things.</blockquote>

How does he know it is a Koran and not a Arabic version of the King James Bible? Not that saying he is lying or questioning his ability to able to read text from a moving vehicle, but just that I am a bit critical when it comes to certain things.</blockquote>

He figured that the hijbab she was wearing ruled out arabic version of king james, but hey, you never know....

Back