re-sales potential of properties with the #4 street address

[quote author="davenlei" date=1253160419][quote author="bkshopr" date=1253159838][quote author="davenlei" date=1253155714][quote author="bkshopr" date=1253151705][quote author="traceimage" date=1253149601][quote author="Geotpf" date=1253144119]I've always wondered-what happens if you have an address with both an 8 and a 4 in it. Do they cancel each other out?</blockquote>

4=death, 8=fortune

So maybe it means you'll die rich?</blockquote>

4 and 7 sandwiched by other numbers become cussing words and should be avoided. In the case of just 2 digits 48 it does not cancel out each other but the slang becomes an exclamation similar to freaking rich. If another number appears before a "4" then use the rule below regardless how lucky a number is after the "4" in the case "648" the "64" takes precedent.

When used in reverse 84 the meaning is totally different. The slang is bloated (rot) to death. 64 rhymes with Scold to death. 24 rhymes with easy death. 14 rhymes with immediate death, 34 rhymes with youthful death?, 54 rhymes with no dying, 74 rhymes with freaking die, 94 rhymes with eternal death.

It is better to avoid a 4 period even in the case of 54. Chinese are pessimist and they see the glass is half empty. "No dying" is really gravely ill.</blockquote>

bkshopr,

Can you give us all non asian numerology people a little lesson? I am interested in what all the single digit numbers represent. We all know what 4 (death) and 8 (fortune) is but what about the other single digits.

1 =

2 =

3 =

4 = Death

5 =

6 =

7 =

8 = Fortune

9 =

So if a number is '14' then it is 'something' death right?</blockquote>

Socal posted this <a href="http://en.wiki.org/wiki/Numbers_in_Chinese_culture">Chinese numerology meanings</a></blockquote>

I see that 5, 6 and 7 are considered both lucky and unlucky. Can't win or lose with those then.

eeek. 14 is considered one of the unluckiest combinations apparently. The street number of the house I am looking at is 14. Yikes. Well, I don't make decisions based on numbers in that sense but I guess I should expect a sell price hit when I sell in the distant future if I get that house.</blockquote>

Yes and no. Pending on where it is on the number. Chinese language is not straight forward where you can put the parts together and mean something similar. The meaning could be totally different and often surprising. Reversing the numbers could turn good to evil.

Numbers are silly and often it can influence a resale to the Chinese buyers. You should not worry about it if your house is in SA but in Irvine you need to learn it.

Chinese is obsessed with numbers. Just look at the API score thread and see which race scored the highest.

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1253161542]The superstitions over otherwise rational people confounds me so.</blockquote>

They're just pretending to be rational.

[quote author="submariner2" date=1253537432]i was in woodbridge today check out some property and noticed 4 blackswan just sold.</blockquote>
It hasn't closed yet...it is currently in back-up offer status.

I know a Taiwanese FCB who bought a house with a 4 address in Irvine. Superstition only goes so far when the price is right. :)

[quote author="Oxtail" date=1253574607]I know a Taiwanese FCB who bought a house with a 4 address in Irvine. Superstition only goes so far when the price is right. :)</blockquote>

Like my earlier thread post stated "cheap price" is the best remedy.

[quote author="Oxtail" date=1253574607]I know a Taiwanese FCB who bought a house with a 4 address in Irvine. Superstition only goes so far when the price is right. :)</blockquote>
<em>FCB#1: What? The house you bought has an address of 444? Are you crazy?!?

FCB#2: But I bought it for $888,888!

FCB#1: Ahh... that cancels it out then. Does it have a 3-car wide garage?

</em>

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1253584909][quote author="Oxtail" date=1253574607]I know a Taiwanese FCB who bought a house with a 4 address in Irvine. Superstition only goes so far when the price is right. :)</blockquote>
<em>FCB#1: What? The house you bought has an address of 444? Are you crazy?!?

FCB#2: But I bought it for $888,888!

FCB#1: Ahh... that cancels it out then. Does it have a 3-car wide garage?

</em></blockquote>

FCB#3 said I would prefer to pay $444,444!

Before Trooper signed off She gave me exactly 88 thanks. She padded the last few right before she said good bye. Hope she will visit sometime.

Back