Rate future and current new home developments

Which future and current new villages have the best location and value for the money?

• Orchard Hills

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Stonegate

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Laguna Crossing

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Cypress Village

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Portola Springs II

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Great Park Housing

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters

akula1488

First of all I exclude 1M+ homes as I guess most people cannot afford 1M+ homes.  Second I know people have their own opinions on location and value; but my criteria are 1) the home cannot be too close to a major freeway (at least 1.5 miles away, for the health of growing children). 2) decent schools 3) convenient access to major roads; meaning central location.

Here is how I value future developments from now on.
1. Orchard Hills: East of Portola/too far inland; potential fire danger
2. Laguna Crossing: too close to 405
3. Portola Spring I/II: only way out is Sand Canyon; potential fire danger.
4. Cypress Village: too close to 5
5. Great Park housing: close to 5/405, and limited road access

So that only leaves Stonegate as my top choice, unless there is some other/new development that I don't know.

By the way, does any body knows what will be the future for that piece of land surrounded by Portola/Irvine Bld/Yale and Jeffery?

Sweet... someone else creating polls other than me.

I prefer proximity to the 405 and I don't think Laguna Altura (no longer Crossing) is too close. My problem is the floorplans and how much they are charging. As for Orchard Hills, no idea what type of homes and pricing they are putting there so I can't really rate it... same for Cypress Village and Great Park (how that is close to the 405 I don't get).

So currently my vote is Other... which means resale.

bones said:
stonegate is the closest to the landfill.  not sure if that poses as a health threat of any sort to your children.  also factor in all the dump trucks coming down sand canyon/portola parkway/jeffrey to get to the landfill.

also sand canyon isn't the only way out of PS.  the 241 is right there.

I believe PS is closest to the landfill, not that SG is that far away.  Trash trucks usually go down Sand Canyon right?  Someone can verify that or do they go down Jeffrey as well?  I think as long as your future house is not on an old landfill, it shouldn't be too bad.  A strong Santa Ana wind condition might change my mind though. 

Yes... does PS II mean the 2011 homes being built in PS or the east enclave that hasn't been built yet?

I assume the east enclave as the poll also references Orchard Hills, Cypress Village and the Great Park.

I find it interesting that Orchard Hills is leading the poll considering that it was originally flagged as a luxury home enclave and if I remember correctly, will be TUSD (not saying TUSD is bad, just that perception of it is).

I actually like Cypress Village as long as you are farther from the 5... but if I had to choose... LagAlt (with better floorplans).

Interesting poll. I find that a great location and a value buy don't usually mix in RE. I think an elevated location in future phases of PS or OH would be a great location but will cost you $$$$. At the other end of the spectrum, buying in Cypress Village next to the 405 will be cheaper but who wants to live next to a major freeway. Laguna Altura has an okay location but is priced for the QH/coastal proximity crowd, which means $$$. Stonegate and Heritage Fields/Great Park will be the middle ground and your best bet.

Bonita Canyon is a landfill area. Those newer homes have held their value even though they are awfully close to the dump. As for any of these homes being a fire prone area, it would have to be a bigger blaze than the most recent fires we had near Portola Springs for there to even be a threat. I'd not worry about a place burning down over possible liquifaction in the area. Don't know if the dirt around any of these developments have that issue. Anyone?

My .02c

laguna altura especially the interior lots will be a great little neighborhood to get into.  there are not that many homes there and pricing is somewhat like a second chance for those that didn't get in on turtle ridge or quail hill in phase 1 about 8 years ago.  hopefully their larger homes don't jump from low 1mms to mid 1mms after a couple of phases...

anybody have the floorplans?

scfan said:
anybody have the floorplans?
The assumption is they will be like Stonegate's 2 detached condo tracts... not sure what the SFRs will be like (although I expect the same as Maricopa and San Marino).

Will Great Park Housing be built/developed by TIC?  If not,  will the price be lower than TIC's new constructions?

The Great Park is by Lennar (5 Points).

If their price is lower... TIC could match but it all depends. Columbus Grove was not by TIC (Lennar/KB/Lyon) and their prices were similar... even those that were lower did not move that fast.

gld2 said:
Will Great Park Housing be built/developed by TIC?  If not,  will the price be lower than TIC's new constructions?
TIC will not build out the Great Park, it will be a Lennar homes venture.  I'd put good money on the housing being cheaper than what TIC is currently trying to sell their 2011 collection for. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
gld2 said:
TIC will not build out the Great Park, it will be a Lennar homes venture.  I'd put good money on the housing being cheaper than what TIC is currently trying to sell their 2011 collection for.

Of course, just build the Central Park West products there. 

irvinehomeowner said:
The Great Park is by Lennar (5 Points).

If their price is lower... TIC could match but it all depends. Columbus Grove was not by TIC (Lennar/KB/Lyon) and their prices were similar... even those that were lower did not move that fast.

Prices will probably be lower and/or offer more for your money (i.e. real driveway and & backyard for similar sized floor plans).

Back