Rat problem in stonegate area

sentosa

i am wondering anyone is noticing the rat problem here in stonegate. i have seen them accasionally running around the neighborhood and have so far trapped 2 of them in my backyard. I use those traps (wood with a hook) from home depot and put a little piece of cheese on it. after it's set up, put it right against the wall (cheese side facing the wall). and usually will caught one in one or two days. hopefully they won't find their ways to the attic.

Had a couple when we first moved in, though they probably were mice not rats...new construction, lots of doing landscaping around it was bound to happen...haven't had any problems since that first month.  just be careful when you open doors to the outside..

Also, if you're not landscaped yet, get rid of your weeds. Mice love weedy areas

The biggest culprit is the space between the threshold of your door leading outside from the garage.

You can buy a sweep but many are not big enough... in our old house we used some thing we saw on "As Seen On TV" and it actually got chewed through... so I used a 2x4 and that worked.

yes. i think what i saw are mice because they are small. my yard was done a few month ago. however there are still quite a few houses are doing landscaping around. all the diggings must have forced them to move around. i have reported to HOA once. i will tell them again.

Back