Rat/mice in pavillon park

ocbird

I park my car inside my garage had the garage door sides sealed by nailing wood  to close gap between garage door and house . I have had history of trapping mice and thought my problems finally over because I haven't trapped any mor mice or seen any droppings also I have Orkin . Well, today I had problem with my car starting stuck outside in 100 degree weather and two twin 2 year old toddlers sweating in back. Finally was able to start car , took it to dealer and found some kinda nest in the engine . Anyone have this kinda problem in PP. I'm so sick of this problem I want to move.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 266
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 211
This can happen anywhere.

A few years ago when I was parking outside, rats got into my engine compartment and chewed much of the wiring. Car was in the dealer for 5 days trying to replace everything... big pain.

So to all those people who don't use their garage to park their cars in... beware (although this can happen even if your car is parked in your garage if rats get into it).

We live in Pavilion Park and park cars on the driveway and have not seen any rats yet. First there was burglary and now rats in PP?

do the rats have superpowers and look like this?

images

Whatever it was rat or mice, but the mechanic thinks it was a rat chewed up the cover portion that insulates the engine almost looks like foam or sponge and the wiring to engine was gnawed half way. I park my car inside my garage every nite and this is what I get for parking inside. No more. I'm parking outdoors on my driveway. My husbands car is parked on the street and he didn't have any problems whatsoever. Sorry fellow PP neighbors but i felt like venting.  I wish we can do something about the rodent population here maybe get HOA to do something.
I didn't sign up to live in critter country.

Sorry to hear about your mice problems.  You're not alone as I've heard this before.  You see, Irvine as well as other OC cities are ideal for rabbits, mice, etc...

If you're new to Irvine, get used to coyotes, rabbits, mice, raccoons, lizards, crows, and qwerty.

You might want to consider adopting a couple of cats. 

irvinehomeowner said:
This can happen anywhere.

A few years ago when I was parking outside, rats got into my engine compartment and chewed much of the wiring. Car was in the dealer for 5 days trying to replace everything... big pain.

So to all those people who don't use their garage to park their cars in... beware (although this can happen even if your car is parked in your garage if rats get into it).

Agreed - I used to park a car outside when I lived in Woodbridge, and found rodent droppings all over the valve cover when I popped the hood one day.  I've seen nocturnal pests (rodents, raccoons, possums) in all of the neighborhoods I've lived in, including various parts of Irvine.

Back