Question on HOA Having us Clean Out Garage to Park Cars that are on our driveway

Enforcing the rules is what makes Irvine Irvine. If you wanted to act with impunity you should have moved to Stanton.

Tbharvey said:
Enforcing the rules is what makes Irvine Irvine. If you wanted to act with impunity you should have moved to Stanton.

Impressive bringing the city of Stanton in the mix. (If you don't like it move to another city tatic? Jk  :D)

There are few tracts in Irvine without HOA:
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4791-Lori-Ann-Ln-Irvine-CA-92604/25483692_zpid/
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/24-Duane-Irvine-CA-92620/25521665_zpid/

If you drive NE on Jamboree past Tustin Marketplace, at the corner of Jameboree and Irvine Blvd, I recall there was a fairly laid back HOA community of SFR's across from the golf course.  The HOA monthly dues was $50 back in early 2000's and about $60 now (?).  There is no HOA swimming pool in that HOA.

Tbharvey said:

Yes TBHarvey, and that is why we love Irvine and have lived here for many years!!. Mine was just simply a question and needing answers. No need for anyone to be so freakin rude (rolling my eyes). I never said once that I didn't want to follow the rules. I have followed the rules of HOA even up to the point it was a bit ridiculous. But this time, I wanted to find out concrete answers since we have some things in our garage that we cannot move as they are heavy. We are in the middle of planning to re-do our backyard in the next few months (and YES WE ARE SUBMITTING plans to get approve by HOA first before re-doing it) so we have things in the garage due to that reason. Not that I need to explain why and what I have in my garage to anyone especially if they are being so rude!  But anyway.. move on! I got my answers from very helpful people here and the rude ones can just take a chill pill! I never once said I didn't want to follow the rules. I didn't know if it was by law, that HOAs can do that.

I got my answers from HOA and got an extension and they were very understanding why I can't use my garage at the moment!

Ready2Downsize said:
Took out the driveway and replaced it so not sure your can of spray will work and even if it did........ "most" stains isn't good enough for me. A stained driveway is butt ugly.

I've used concrete stain remover products on both outside driveway and inside garage.  There are paste like products that work well on oil stains if you put in the elbow grease.  For rust/iron/fertilizer stains try Super Iron Out.

It's not really possible to protect outdoor concrete in pristine condition.  Sooner or later it will get stained or damaged.  You just need to scrub and clean.

momopi said:
Ready2Downsize said:
Took out the driveway and replaced it so not sure your can of spray will work and even if it did........ "most" stains isn't good enough for me. A stained driveway is butt ugly.

I've used concrete stain remover products on both outside driveway and inside garage.  There are paste like products that work well on oil stains if you put in the elbow grease.  For rust/iron/fertilizer stains try Super Iron Out.

It's not really possible to protect outdoor concrete in pristine condition.  Sooner or later it will get stained or damaged.  You just need to scrub and clean.

My last house had ZERO stains and it was a very long colored stamped concrete driveway with brick ribbons. Maybe if I lived there longer than 17 1/2 years I would have gotten some stains. I'm sure it had dirt on it but it just sat in the indentations of the stamping and was obscured because of the multi colored stamping.

I rather NOT try to clean a colored driveway and I'm definitely NOT into scrubbing it.......... therefore I don't park on it. I do DRIVE on it into the garage though.

And my garage had ZERO stains as well. Love the epoxy coating. Just mop it once in a while and it's good as new.

Back