Question about Tustin field

hskim17

Hello
I am looking for the house (preferably 3 beds) under 1.5 M.
I came across this one in Tustin Field.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/80-Liberty-St-92782/home/7211899

I like it because it's a detached, 2-story and Irvine school district though it's in Tustin.
I understand there are some cons, close to train track and jamboree.
Maybe these are reasons it stays in the market too long.

Wondering if there are other things I should consider.

Thank you.

Hello

I like it because it's a detached, 2-story and Irvine school district though it's in Tustin.

Thank you.

Many of those homes in that partial area are low-to-moderate units. I would recommend passing on this home as it's too close to Jamboree and right next to the railroad tracks. You can find 3bd detached homes in Irvine and Tustin Ranch for under $1.5m that will appreciate a lot better than this home. There is a reason why they say LOCATION is #1.

Thanks.
I guess that's the reason it stays in the market too long.
As you pointed out, the inventory is crazy low now.
I assume the interest rate won't go higher any more and see what happens next year.

Thank you for your advise.

Hello

Thank you.
If you like those homes, they have the same floorplans in Oak Creek. This one is now under contract, but it's the same plan and has some nice upgrades:

Might want to keep an eye on this neighborhood if you like the Tustin Field home. Oak Creek is a hidden gem neighborhood in my opinion.

Always liked Oak Creek area, just need to stay away from the homes backing up to the 405 or Alton due to traffic noise and pollution. I looked in this area for a while, but nothing ever popped that I wanted to pull the trigger on back then.

Always liked Oak Creek area, just need to stay away from the homes backing up to the 405 or Alton due to traffic noise and pollution. I looked in this area for a while, but nothing ever popped that I wanted to pull the trigger on back then.

Agreed, focus on the homes north of Alton. It's a nice little gated community with as short walk to shopping.

If you like those homes, they have the same floorplans in Oak Creek. This one is now under contract, but it's the same plan and has some nice upgrades:

Might want to keep an eye on this neighborhood if you like the Tustin Field home. Oak Creek is a hidden gem neighborhood in my opinion.
$920 sq/ft for a detached condo that’s near Alton??? You guys are insane for recommending anything at that price per sq/ft for a condo.

Last edited:
$920 sq/ft for a detached condo that’s near Alton??? You guys are insane for recommending anything at that price per sq/ft for a condo.
I mean I was just recommending the same exact plan in Irvine vs Tustin Field just in case. But yes, I agree, pricing in outrageous right now haha.

I mean I was just recommending the same exact plan in Irvine vs Tustin Field just in case. But yes, I agree, pricing in outrageous right now haha.
outrageous is an understatement. It’s insane for any tract home condo to be near 1k+ per sqft. Don’t care where in Irvine it is.

Hello

Thank you.

I used to live on Liberty St.
My roommate said his room on the 3rd floor would physically shake whenever a train went by.
I personally didn't feel it on the 1st floor though.
Definitely heard it, but after a few weeks, your brain just tunes it out.

The rating of the elementary school assigned to Oak Creek look awful though. At least it is not Culverdale or College Park elementary…also the same can be said for Tustin Field. Probably one of the reasons these trade at a discount despite relatively good locations

The rating of the elementary school assigned to Oak Creek look awful though. At least it is not Culverdale or College Park elementary…also the same can be said for Tustin Field. Probably one of the reasons these trade at a discount despite relatively good locations
Thanks for the comment.
I checked Redfin as you mentioned it.
But when I googled it, it is 8/10.
Not sure which one is accurate but maybe Redfin hasn't update it yet.

Thanks for the comment.
I checked Redfin as you mentioned it.
But when I googled it, it is 8/10.
Not sure which one is accurate but maybe Redfin hasn't update it yet.
I would probably take the Redfin rating with a grain of salt. It only reflects 24 reviews...that's not hardly enough to make a full judgment. I've never heard anything negative about Oak Creek Elementary. I'm more surprised that the middle school assigned to it is Lakeside since South Lake is much closer.

I'm more surprised that the middle school assigned to it is Lakeside since South Lake is much closer.
South Lake is is also pulling in homes to the west of Culver, so Lakeside gets the ones to the east of Jeffrey.

I'd take Oak Creek over Tustin Field... too close to the flight path and train tracks... but stay away from the 405.

Thanks all.
There is only one available now and I like its price and layout.
But I think it's too close to 405

I've lived a couple of miles from highway and it wasn't bad.
But it would be less than a mile for this one in Oak Creek
In Oak Creek, it's usually a soft white noise in the evening, but not everyone likes that. It's really dependent on your tastes. I personally would rather live close to the 405 than back to Alton. That part of Alton gets heavy traffic during rush hour and rather than hearing a freeway which is steady speed, you'll hear people accelerating and decelerating.

In Oak Creek, it's usually a soft white noise in the evening, but not everyone likes that. It's really dependent on your tastes. I personally would rather live close to the 405 than back to Alton. That part of Alton gets heavy traffic during rush hour and rather than hearing a freeway which is steady speed, you'll hear people accelerating and decelerating.
I've mentioned this before but I'd take a less busy street over a freeway or main street. Alton is not Culver or Jamboree.

Having lived near both streets and freeways... you don't get rumbling trucks in the middle of the night on a street. You may get the occasional racer on the street at 2am but that's less frequent and you can get that on both.

Usually homes are farther from freeways and can back a street much closer so you can also consider that. if there are are homes between yours and the freeway, that's better.

I've mentioned this before but I'd take a less busy street over a freeway or main street. Alton is not Culver or Jamboree.

Having lived near both streets and freeways... you don't get rumbling trucks in the middle of the night on a street. You may get the occasional racer on the street at 2am but that's less frequent and you can get that on both.

Usually homes are farther from freeways and can back a street much closer so you can also consider that. if there are are homes between yours and the freeway, that's better.
The stretch of Alton that goes through Oak Creek is bumper to bumper during the week at rush hour and like the Nascar speedway in the evening :LOL:. But it's definitely no Jamboree or Culver. My sweet spot for a street backed home in Oak Creek is Valley Oak.

Back