Question about the Village at Irvine Spectrum

Ameesh_IHB

Hi Everyone,

I will be moving orange county in a month or two from Seattle. I have been looking at the Village Irvine Spectrum apartments. I was curious if anyone could tell me if there is any big difference between the four buildings and if I should or should not stay away from certain units?

Also I am interested in a 2 bedroom unit so any thoughts on how much i should be paying would be *really* appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

i live in cambria it's a 2/2 corner unit (1060 sq ft) on the 4th floor i pay 2000. i've been here for just over a year. i don't know if the others are nicer but cambria is the oldest of the 4 and it seems nice and clean. the only complaint i have is that it seems like at least once a week the fire alarm goes off between 8-10 at night (it's extremely loud and usually last for about 30 mins).

My wife and I lived in Serena. We too had the same problems with fire alarms at Serena going off at all times of day/night. Problem is with so many units clumped together plus a super sensitive smoke detector, a whiff of smoke sets the entire building's alarm off. So everything from slightly burnt dinner to smoke from cigarette (or a joint) would set it off.

Some other problems with Serena - the elevator closest to the front breaks down far too often. Also, the doors to the elevator room in the underground parking garage are crap. Half the time, you don't even need to use the FOB to get in. The other times, the other half, the door would jam so you couldn't open it. I overheard the maintenance guys saying that Villa Siena had the same problem, and they switch manufacturers and it solved the problem - so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Also, last summer, Serena had a problem with too many 'guests' at the swimming pool. There was even a confrontation with security. As a result, they closed off one entrance and had security placed on the other end on the weekends. Kind of annoying (but the pool was always empty after that).

Got to admit though, my wife and I really enjoyed having the Village Market close by. Really convenient to pick up those last minute items - even if you have to pay a premium...

If you move here, avoid the units attached to Irvine Center Drive. You will have lots and lots of noice. Try to get an inside unit. Cambria is the cheapest model. The other models are more expensive, but have ameneties like crown moldings..but big deal. Also avoid the models right above starbucks, the basketball courts and the pool.

Check out:

http://www.rental-living.com/Communities/The-Village-at-Irvine-Spectrum-Center

for the open units and go visit. Other than that, it's a pretty good place. You do see a lot of loud cars going down the main street.

I see a Lamborghini and Ferrari parking outside occassionaly.

If you can live with some of the stuff above, its a nice complex.

They will probably get cheaper once "the Park" or whatever the complex they are building right behind it opens later this year.

I live in Mirador and have a really nice unit. My rent is $2260 per month for a two bedroom. All 4 are very different looks so you should tour them all. Serena and Mirador are the only ones with painted walls and crown molding. We have tile and the other two have hardwood. They have 49 different plans so make sure you shop around.

The only negatives on the complex is lately they lowered some of the amenities. They only heat one pool and the cafe bites hours were lowered to 8pm. I did suggest yesterday to bring up Cafe Bites back to 10 pm but due a fob check. Hey neighbors who read this can you suggest the same maybe they will listen.

I would move into any but Cambria. No offense to all and my sister lives there but its not as nice as the others.

I live in Del Rey and while the place is nice I will not renew my lease there at all.

The upstairs neighbor is very loud. She stomps like an elephant. She has had a karyoke party at 4:30 am on a Thursday night. We have complained to management about her and she still has issues. One of the main problems is the floors are wood and she wears shoes indoors so it gets very loud. Other than her, the other neighbors can be pretty loud as well. I guess that's what you can expect out of a place that has like 1500 units. I live on the 2nd floor fyi.

[quote author="OC Guy" date=1236368602]I live in Del Rey and while the place is nice I will not renew my lease there at all.

The upstairs neighbor is very loud. She stomps like an elephant. She has had a karyoke party at 4:30 am on a Thursday night. We have complained to management about her and she still has issues. One of the main problems is the floors are wood and she wears shoes indoors so it gets very loud. Other than her, the other neighbors can be pretty loud as well. I guess that's what you can expect out of a place that has like 1500 units. I live on the 2nd floor fyi.</blockquote>

$2000/month and noisy neighbors, sounds like paradise. I'm surprised they can get anyone to live in that area.

[quote author="norcaljeff" date=1238076684][quote author="OC Guy" date=1236368602]I live in Del Rey and while the place is nice I will not renew my lease there at all.

The upstairs neighbor is very loud. She stomps like an elephant. She has had a karyoke party at 4:30 am on a Thursday night. We have complained to management about her and she still has issues. One of the main problems is the floors are wood and she wears shoes indoors so it gets very loud. Other than her, the other neighbors can be pretty loud as well. I guess that's what you can expect out of a place that has like 1500 units. I live on the 2nd floor fyi.</blockquote>

$2000/month and noisy neighbors, sounds like paradise. I'm surprised they can get anyone to live in that area.</blockquote>

Yeah, just yesterday some guy was screaming at the top of his lungs. "If you wanna know where this guy lives, then he shouted the apartment #." Not sure if the # was legit or he was just using someone else's or not. Basically this guy or his friend screams now and then at the top of his lungs when he gets home sometimes.

Security, kinda worthless. Next time I'll call the cops.

On the plus side, I've heard there are many attractive women that live in these apartments. May be a big factor if you're a single dude. Just FYI.

[quote author="Shooby" date=1238460660]On the plus side, I've heard there are many attractive women that live in these apartments. May be a big factor if you're a single dude. Just FYI.</blockquote>
No thanks, I'll take my chances with the "not so attractive married moms" over at Quail Meadows and save $200+ per month and have a garage.

[quote author="frank69m" date=1235655986]

I see a Lamborghini and Ferrari parking outside occassionaly.

</blockquote>

Just to let you know both belong to TENmagnet.

[quote author="Shooby" date=1238460660]On the plus side, I've heard there are many attractive women that live in these apartments. May be a big factor if you're a single dude. Just FYI.</blockquote>

definitely works for me :)

So I have a friend who will be moving to the Village sometime in the next two months or so. Who wants to split a referral fee with me for him? :p The markets tough...gotta make some money somehow!

Back