Quebec ready to vaccinate against monkeypox as soon as Friday, with 25 confirmed

hpjet

"... Quebec has received 1,000 doses of the vaccine. ...The province says it will provide those who have come into close contact with an infected person with one dose of the vaccine.  'The recommendation is to give it four days post-exposure with some flexibility up to 14 days,'..."https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/quebec-...n-as-friday-with-25-confirmed-cases-1.5919137

For context:  population of Quebec is approx. 8.6 million.https://statistique.quebec.ca/en/co...ement-croissance-2020-mais-reprise-en-2021-en

"Experts hope 'ring vaccination' will contain monkeypox outbreaks

An infectious disease expert believes monkeypox outbreaks can be contained by using a strategy called 'ring vaccination' ? which means vaccinating all the close contacts of an infected person.

'You offer a vaccine to all of the contacts, and all the contacts of the contacts," Dr. Allison McGeer, an infectious disease physician at Sinai Health, told CTV News Channel. "That way you make sure that it doesn't spread out of that ring.'"https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/exper...on-will-contain-monkeypox-outbreaks-1.5916354

Some people on TI don't believe in the efficacy of vaccines... they would rather contract monkeypox for sweet natural immunity.

Not sure about the mokeypox vaccine, but Covid vaccines are proven to be a scam so we cannot compare the two.

irvinehomeowner said:
Some people on TI don't believe in the efficacy of vaccines... they would rather contract monkeypox for sweet natural immunity.

efficacy
?f??-k?-s?
noun
Power or capacity to produce a desired effect; effectiveness.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Even you have to admit the "efficacy" of the covid vaccines was a moving target.  It went from the vaccine will prevent you from catching it, to it will prevent hospitalization, to needing a booster shot, to needing a fourth shot, to a vaccinated person is just less likely to die. 

I know several vaccinated people that have caught covid a second time and they were just as sick as somebody that had never gotten vaccinated, one of them on the verge of hospitalization.  These were middle aged people, not old and sick people.

The vaccine did statistically reduce the odds of a negative outcome, but I have to say that they were the least efficacious vaccines I've ever encountered in my life.

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:

efficacy
?f??-k?-s?
noun
Power or capacity to produce a desired effect; effectiveness.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Even you have to admit the "efficacy" of the covid vaccines was a moving target.  It went from the vaccine will prevent you from catching it, to it will prevent hospitalization, to needing a booster shot, to needing a fourth shot, to a vaccinated person is just less likely to die. 

I know several vaccinated people that have caught covid a second time and they were just as sick as somebody that had never gotten vaccinated, one of them on the verge of hospitalization.  These were middle aged people, not old and sick people.

The vaccine did statistically reduce the odds of a negative outcome, but I have to say that they were the least efficacious vaccines I've ever encountered in my life.

Dunno about you, I'd rather be alive than dead... the desired effect

Liar Loan said:
irvinehomeowner said:
So Trump scammed us by producing ineffective vaccines?

Crazy.

You have taken over the role that eyephone used to play on this forum.

Actually, you have.

Heavily posting links to other sites that support your opinion? oh wait? morekaos does that too.

Back