Purchasing health insurance

caliorbust

I plan to move to Irvine in January and will need to purchase health insurance for myself and my two daughters (in their early 20's). I'll be leaving a job in Virginia that provides health insurance.  I know it can be difficult to compare companies/plans, but I'm curious to hear from anyone who is pleased with coverage they are currently buying.  (Company, plan, etc.)  I'm equally curious to hear from anyone who has had a negative experience.  Thank you!

Coveredca.com already has their rates up for 2016. These plans tend to have very limited networks (particularly in OC). Kaiser is an exception that offers their full 100% network on Covered California.

I have insurance through work and have actually tried a bunch of plans in the past year:

Aetna
Health Net
Anthem
United Health

All of them offer narrow networks/full networks, PPO/HMO, low co-pay/high co-pay. Obviously I prefer PPO, full network, low co-pay.. but then the premiums are highest.

Do you have a budget?  Do you not have prospect of insurance in California? 

If you will get insurance from work eventually, your daughters should be covered until 26.

Back