Purchase agreement with Irvine Pacific

Danshui

Hi,

I am a new buyer with Irvine Pacific.  Did any of you really negotiate and be able to revise T&Cs when you signed the contract with Irvine Pacific? Thanks for your inputs.

You can negotiate whether to use your pen or their pen to sign those documents lol  :D... j/k/

I didn't even know the details of that, I just know if I don't sign anything I don't get my house. While it would be interesting to know what area you want to negotiate?

I think you can negotiate to pay cash in RMB over dollars. They also have discount on commission for RMB exchange. Sorry Indians/Koreans/Taiwanese, the discount is for RMB only.

The California Court Company said:
I think you can negotiate to pay cash in RMB over dollars. They also have special currency exchange rate for RMB. Sorry Indians/Koreans/Taiwanese, the special rate is for RMB only.

interesting... a few times when I happen to walk into their office just to chill out I could heard of the someone saying "can/how someone from china buy a prop here"... possible all cash... so it's interesting but make sense if they really allow RMB cash payment.

This is exactly what I think when you decide to buy a home from Irvine Company. Leave it or take it. It would be interesting if RMB is acceptable here.  I am an Asian but not with bags of cash here. 

irvinemonkey said:
What about from other builders besides IP? Can you negotiate on terms?

Currently, with short inventory and rising prices, it can be difficult to negotiate on pricing terms with most sellers right now, builders or not, but it is possible... Some items can still be negotiated, but the sellers are typically wanting something in return.

Quid pro quo.

-IR2

it is highly unlikely any builder will let you negotiate any of the terms. especially in this market, they dont need the headache.

when we bought our house and we were at the escrow office signing all of the documents my wife asked me why i wasnt reading any of them. so i stopped and asked her, do you want the house? she said yes, then i told if i change or dont sign any of the documents we will not be closing on the house so therefore it doesnt matter if i read them or not.

qwerty said:
it is highly unlikely any builder will let you negotiate any of the terms. especially in this market, they dont need the headache.

when we bought our house and we were at the escrow office signing all of the documents my wife asked me why i wasnt reading any of them. so i stopped and asked her, do you want the house? she said yes, then i told if i change or dont sign any of the documents we will not be closing on the house so therefore it doesnt matter if i read them or not.

Note to self:  qwerty does not read fine print...

If they accepted RMBs in Irvine, everyone who is trying to exchange USD for RMBs would be buying property in Irvine in RMBs, and reselling it to get USDs.  To get a significant amount of RMBs out of China requires a lot of money & Hong Kong shell companies.

The Chinese with boat loads of cash have already paid the premium to exchange their RMBs to USDs...so really they are buying these Irvine homes with all cash using money that has already been "serviced".

ps9 said:
qwerty said:

I was wondering where Parker and Stone came up with the idea for the cuttlefish not sitting well.

ps9 said:

To be fair, I know the potential landfill and military base issue before I even consider joining the SG waitlist. So if one has those concern they probably should think twice before they get to that point.
The T&C shouldn't come as a surprise as the agent or oneself should do some homework first...

Now if this is a buyer market then obviously u can negotiate everything like more design center credit and things... I guess.

IP used to negotiate using design center credit when the market was bad.  A co-worker of mine bought in Laguna Altura and while she paid the asking price, she managed to get them to give her around ~15k in design center credit.  This was in mid-late 2011 I think.

ps9 said:
qwerty said:

if i get cancer later im still suing!  :)

qwerty said:
if i get cancer later im still suing!  :)

That's nice, but I hoped you've read the financial docs carefully.  I'm 3 for 3 on the 3 homes I've bought for finding, material to me differences in the financials that needed to be corrected before we signed.

I also I'm also 2 for 3 in finding differences in disclosures and other paperwork that were more annoying and CYA than anything else.

yeah i checked all of the financial stuff. even when i signed the purchase contract i noticed it was off by 5K from what we agreed and they changed it.  i was referring to all of the other BS legal document they make you sign.

I bought in Portola Springs from a non-TIC builder and was able to negotiate the T+Cs. This was in Feb 2012 though. I read all of the fine print.

paperboyNC said:
I bought in Portola Springs from a non-TIC builder and was able to negotiate the T+Cs. This was in Feb 2012 though. I read all of the fine print.

what did you negotiate?

paperboyNC said:
At Las Ventanas with TM?  They would negotiate on credits for closing costs and/or design center.  I was able to get a few of my buyers some 5 figure credits.  :D

Back