Public or Montessori Kindergarten

kseerla said:
This message is for bones... Have you heard from IUSD... I am in the same situation as you regarding red shirting... Any help will be appreciated. If not, I will have to look at private options.... we just moved to the area and my daughter hasn't taken well to the transition.

#GoMotessori

kseerla said:
This message is for bones... Have you heard from IUSD... I am in the same situation as you regarding red shirting... Any help will be appreciated. If not, I will have to look at private options.... we just moved to the area and my daughter hasn't taken well to the transition.

The fierce competition starts early. What can I say.  :D

kseerla said:

I couldn't track down anyone at IUSD willing to return my call. Based on PS9's info, I'm assuming the answer is no or really hard. We are going private. GL!

bones said:
kseerla said:

I couldn't track down anyone at IUSD willing to return my call. Based on PS9's info, I'm assuming the answer is no or really hard. We are going private. GL!

have you tried calling the actual school instead of the district office?

kalbi said:
bones said:
kseerla said:

have you tried calling the actual school instead of the district office?

Sorry. I should clarify. I have talked to people at a few of the elem schools. They won't let you electively redshirt.  There's two ways you can try to: enroll kid in public kinder. During the year, talk to the principal/teacher/district and get kid evaluated. If everyone agrees, kid can repeat kindergarten. Or you can do private kinder and get him evaluated during that year to show that he needs to repeat kinder at public school.

Either way, it's no guarantee and your kid would need to show some sort of issue in order for them to grant it. It's on a case by case basis. To be honest, I'm not fond of IUSD (I know, shocking) so we were going private route anyway so I didn't push hard at the district level to get answers.

Back