Proposed cemetery near Great Park and the new Irvine 5th high school

Was my assistant Asian? I think you might have seem my daughter during her college break.

akkord said:
I have met you before in person when you were at the RAH sales office with a new assistant at the time, but was incognito and didn't mention I was a buyer. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
The autographed Elleood edition would fetch another 10% profit.

She was Asian, you referred to her as your new assistant if I recall correctly when you were talking to Nick and Alicia that day. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
Was my assistant Asian? I think you might have seem my daughter during her college break.

akkord said:
I have met you before in person when you were at the RAH sales office with a new assistant at the time, but was incognito and didn't mention I was a buyer. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
The autographed Elleood edition would fetch another 10% profit.

Perspective said:
Why the innuendo? Educate us. Trace the money to the council members that explains their vote.

Now why would the council members allow for money to be traced to them?

gasman said:
Perspective said:
Why the innuendo? Educate us. Trace the money to the council members that explains their vote.

Now why would the council members allow for money to be traced to them?

Not asking for a criminal case to be built. The innuendo has been used repeatedly. Is it pure speculation, or are there some shady things occurring?

Let's stop the innuendo.  Sue the council members and propound discovery about who is paying them to oppose the will of the people.  If they take the fifth, well, there's your answer.

Yeah dont think you can just sue them willy nilly unless your case is that people on TI think there is a conspiracy.

The vets deserve to choose their final resting place, be the old site or the newly proposed swapped site. They didn't go to battle based on bad Feng Shui concerns or any other selfish reasons, they went to battle to protect you and me (all Americans).  Chinese need to know you now live in America and need to assimilate into the american culture. Our veterans deserve the best and using superstition to try to control where their final resting place should be is both ignorant & shameful.  We don't have any rights to tell the vets where they want to be buried, let them decide and if you don't like it, move. Meanwhile take a class on respect, honor, freedom and justice for all. A big heart is antidote to voodoo superstitious belives, this is the 21st century,  get with it.

IrvineRes88 said:
The vets deserve to choose their final resting place, be the old site or the newly proposed swapped site. They didn't go to battle based on bad Feng Shui concerns or any other selfish reasons, they went to battle to protect you and me (all Americans).  Chinese need to know you now live in America and need to assimilate into the american culture. Our veterans deserve the best and using superstition to try to control where their final resting place should be is both ignorant & shameful.  We don't have any rights to tell the vets where they want to be buried, let them decide and if you don't like it, move. Meanwhile take a class on respect, honor, freedom and justice for all. A big heart is antidote to voodoo superstitious belives, this is the 21st century,  get with it.

Yeah they can make the choice and not ither citizens. The American way.

IrvineRes88 said:

I am not sure how you can tell people to respect others yet in the same post you demand people assimilate into another culture. 

IrvineRes88 said:

US history proves immigrants (Euro, Asian, etc.) fail to assimilate much, but their children assimilate very well, and their grandchildren "forget where they came from." This is why grandchildren are forced to take classes on the "old world's" culture and even forced to learn their grandparents' language. These yearnings typically end by the third generation.

Maybe. My mom came here when she was over 30 and she has to think about how to speak in her native tongue. All of my relatives (and her's of course) remain in the old country but the only thing left of her old country ways is eating their cheese.

It's not like she had no friends here from her native country. She did and they did speak in their native tongue to each other but when they spoke to us it was always in English.

Come to think of it, I'm not a native either having come with my mom here from Europe. I do consider myself an American as does she.

IrvineRes88 said:
The vets deserve to choose their final resting place, be the old site or the newly proposed swapped site.
The vets made it clear they want to new site. They made it abundantly clear that had they been given both sites in the beginning they would absolutely choose the new site. What's your point?

IrvineRes88 said:
They didn't go to battle based on bad Feng Shui concerns or any other selfish reasons, they went to battle to protect you and me (all Americans).
Our veterans fought for freedom and democracy. The resident speaking out in support of the veterans is exactly that freedom of expression that they fought for. Your attempt to oppress to voice of the resident is exactly the opposite of what our veterans fought for. Freedom is not limited to what you like.

IrvineRes88 said:
Chinese need to know you now live in America and need to assimilate into the american culture. Our veterans deserve the best and using superstition to try to control where their final resting place should be is both ignorant & shameful.

This is laughable if wasn't so narrow minded and bigoted. People on this board and many other places have expressed in no uncertain terms that they don't want to live next to the cemetery, or have it next to our high school yet you insist it's superstition. Now that the residents and veterans agree on the best location for the cemetery name calling and stereotyping is all you've got left.

IrvineRes88 said:
We don't have any rights to tell the vets where they want to be buried, let them decide and if you don't like it, move.
Wrong. Unlike you, what the veterans did not ask for is suppression of others voices so they can get their way. They seek an win-win solution that does not exist in your small mind.

IrvineRes88 said:
Meanwhile take a class on respect, honor, freedom and justice for all. A big heart is antidote to voodoo superstitious belives, this is the 21st century,  get with it.
Where is the freedom of expression that you claim to cherish? Where is the respect you show the residents that live in the city? You should take a dose of your own lesson. You clearly have no idea what American value is.

Heard this at that meeting where the council refused to even consider the swap:

"For your Veterans who were willing to come home under our beautiful flag if that is what was required of us, the rights and freedoms of our United States of America are most precious and the price is high. And they are not selective, they apply to recent arrivals (50,000 Vietnamese were welcomed at MCAS El Toro in 1975), as well as to those who have been here for many generations. Freely offered to you, the price paid by a small and elite minority ? your Veterans. We are seeking a place of honored rest and perpetual memorial for those who have served. The present cemetery site was all that was available, a dirty, cluttered, tiny fraction of old MCAS El Toro. As the community grows surrounding it, we wish to appreciate the rights and freedoms that make the USA and Irvine the perfect place to call home, including the right to express a cultural concern. Given the gracious and generous recent offer to relocate the cemetery, your Veterans shall demonstrate our willingness to once again serve, for the peace of all."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGYpa1d3RwQ&feature=youtu.be

IrvineRes88 said:

Worst troll ever.

Back