Proposed cemetery near Great Park and the new Irvine 5th high school

Pippi said:
Folks let's not lose focus of the true issue here, a toxic spill was the cause of the Return of the Living Dead.  If the GP has a toxic plume than we'll see a zombie apocalypse.  Let's not forget these will be military trained veteran zombies.  FCBs will be in for an abomination!

:D

I remember a long time ago one of the earlier member of IHB and TI had an awesome map of what would happen in Irvine should there be a Zombie Apocalypse. I wish I can find that map. IHO, are you reading this? Remember what I am talking about? :)

Sorry, I know this is serious. I can't help it when I hear about zombies.

Thanks, I bought phase 1 and closed in January.  TBH still debating if I want to list the home or not. 

Let me clarify the empty homes, most of them are in other tracts, not Ellwood.  The homes that are closed in Ellwood, most people have moved in. 

Except the guy next door has left his house empty since January.  I have seen him 3x since I've moved in and spoken to him once.  He's an older Chinese guy, probably in his 60s and from what I've gathered from sales, he plans to rent it out.  Must be nice to be able to have an 800-900k home sit empty for 4 months and not worry about it.  I don't think he's listed his property for rent.

irvineorbust said:
akkord, Thanks for the info.  So you moved in Ellwood already, I guess.  Congratulations.  If you got one of the earlier phases, than the priced already increase by $100k + or more based on how well Ellwood did. 

Not just in Irvine but through out LA and OC, under $800k homes are selling very well according to some new articles. 

So Ellwood is 90% Asian purchases but empty homes may imply that those could be rented out by the cash buyers...  I'm thinking that happened a lot in Cypress Village and Stone Gates...

akkord said:
Thanks, I bought phase 1 and closed in January.  TBH still debating if I want to list the home or not. 

Let me clarify the empty homes, most of them are in other tracts, not Ellwood.  The homes that are closed in Ellwood, most people have moved in. 

Except the guy next door has left his house empty since January.  I have seen him 3x since I've moved in and spoken to him once.  He's an older Chinese guy, probably in his 60s and from what I've gathered from sales, he plans to rent it out.  Must be nice to be able to have an 800-900k home sit empty for 4 months and not worry about it.  I don't think he's listed his property for rent.

irvineorbust said:
akkord, Thanks for the info.  So you moved in Ellwood already, I guess.  Congratulations.  If you got one of the earlier phases, than the priced already increase by $100k + or more based on how well Ellwood did. 

Not just in Irvine but through out LA and OC, under $800k homes are selling very well according to some new articles. 

So Ellwood is 90% Asian purchases but empty homes may imply that those could be rented out by the cash buyers...  I'm thinking that happened a lot in Cypress Village and Stone Gates...

Selling bc you want to make a little profit since you were phase 1 or selling bc you don't like BP?  Would you stay in Irvine after selling?

Profit, but we'd probably only make 40-50k after it's all said and done and I'd want to net out at least 70-80k.

Both my wife and I work in Irvine and don't mind sending the little one to an Irvine school when the time comes, so we'd stay in the area and buy another home or move back to our Tustin Ranch rental once our tenants lease is up if it came to that. 

bones said:
akkord said:

irvineorbust said:

Selling bc you want to make a little profit since you were phase 1 or selling bc you don't like BP?  Would you stay in Irvine after selling?

I have met you before in person when you were at the RAH sales office with a new assistant at the time, but was incognito and didn't mention I was a buyer. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
The autographed Elleood edition would fetch another 10% profit.

True to life story. So he has an assistant?

akkord said:
I have met you before in person when you were at the RAH sales office with a new assistant at the time, but was incognito and didn't mention I was a buyer. 

irvinehomeshopper said:
The autographed Elleood edition would fetch another 10% profit.

So, is it really happening? or are there going to be more discussions about the cemetery..?
If its really happening, then the prices can get effected..?

mitirvine31 said:
So, is it really happening? or are there going to be more discussions about the cemetery..?
If its really happening, then the prices can get effected..?

Where have you been? The CA bill passed and the Govenor has signed it.

Happiness said:
aquabliss said:
Well he needs a platform to run on.  If he gets elected, his mission may turn impossible.

According to his Facebook page entry dated September 24, 2015, another thing Gang wants to do as Mayor is reevaluate the zoning ordinance to allow birth tourism in certain areas of Irvine because "Asian Americans or Asians have a need for maternity centers."
https://www.facebook.com/Gang-Chen-for-2016-City-of-Irvine-Mayor-897313967053735/

Question: What is your position regarding maternity centers? Many illegal maternity centers still operate in residential areas. They avoid paying tax and also contribute to higher rent.

Answer: Maternity centers are a very sensitive subject. First of all, I do NOT support any illegal activities, but we also want to make sure the laws are applied to all races fairly. It is wrong to provide any fraudulent information or avoid paying tax. Maternity centers are actually commercial use of properties and may violate zoning codes of residential areas. Asian Americans or Asians have a need for maternity centers, so just banning them will not completely solve the problem. If I have the honor of becoming the Mayor of Irvine, I'll have the city staff evaluate the situation and zoning codes, limit the maternity centers to certain areas, and require them to get proper business licenses and be inspected and controlled by the government to prevent fraud or tax evasion or negative impacts to residential areas.

Or... Just make an adjustment to the 14th admendment that it no longer give citizenship to non-citizen that will solve all the birthing center issues...

and seriously home values is the reason to move a veterans cemetary?! I mean is this for real. The people that bought the houses by the cemetary you knew what was coming in before you bought it. It would be like buying in Newport and complaining how John Wayne airport's flight path goes over your house ... it's not like the flight path has changed in the last 15 years... This bill has been done for over 2 years live with it

Happiness said:
According to his Facebook page entry dated September 24, 2015, another thing Gang wants to do as Mayor is reevaluate the zoning ordinance to allow birth tourism in certain areas of Irvine because "Asian Americans or Asians have a need for maternity centers."
https://www.facebook.com/Gang-Chen-for-2016-City-of-Irvine-Mayor-897313967053735/

His answer is incomplete. Maternity center is viewed as synonymous with birth tourism in the US. But, in Asia, it's not unusual for woman to go to maternity center for several months prior to birth where they get the type care, comfort, convenience and help they just can't get at home. So, the presence of maternity center for residents of US that is completely legal is not so outlandish from that respect.

NewtoIrvine1 said:
The people that bought the houses by the cemetary you knew what was coming in before you bought it. It would be like buying in Newport and complaining how John Wayne airport's flight path goes over your house ... it's not like the flight path has changed in the last 15 years... This bill has been done for over 2 years live with it

Sounds like you're new to Irvine. Most of the residents bought their houses way before that. Portola Spring buyers didn't know. Lambert Ranch buyers didn't know. Most Pavilion Park buyers didn't know. Most Stone Gate buyers didn't know. Most Cypress Village buyers didn't know.

More importantly, if the veteran and residents all want it in a new location why shouldn't the swap happen. What's good is good. No reason to settle for less.

Back