Property Tax "Total Net Taxable Value" increase this year

During 08 financial panic, real estate crashed, Lehman brother and Fannie and Freddie were in deep doodle. Fannie got bail out with tax payer dollars. Lehman went under.

If they did not die then, they would not be eliminated now.

Housing is still cyclical, and location dependent.

Housing is cheaper in Victorville.

Not the same comparison but I understand your thinking.

Compressed-Village said:
During 08 financial panic, real estate crashed, Lehman brother and Fannie and Freddie were in deep doodle. Fannie got bail out with tax payer dollars. Lehman went under.

Since you brought it up the panic. The music is slowing down in China. Another Chinese builder missed a bond payment according to the news.

eyephone said:
Compressed-Village said:

You brought it up. The music is slowing down in China. Another Chinese builder missed a bond payment according to the news.

I always believe in looking at the long view for housing and never over leverage into a situation where I have to walk away. That?s bad planning. And not to chase ANYTHING when it?s more than hot. You gotta to be able weather the storms along the way. We might be having one sooner rather than later.

cost of education is location dependent too

college still costs students money.  colleges still compete with one another for students and one metric of that competition is price.  dept of ed is just injecting liquidity into that market.  it's not that different conceptually from the treasury buying MBS.  it's not really that expensive either (depending on which projections you believe).

Doesn't gov't have a role in higher ed?

What about gov't regulation of education as an industry, to ensure that 'schools' (like ITT) aren't loading up poorly informed 18 year old 'consumers' with gov't backed debt for a value-less 'degree'?

Back