Priority list problem with Mendocino UPDATE

Tribune said:
Is there anyone who has made the design center to add something after the cut off point?  Last time that I was there, I overheard (they were there in same section of the center as us) one of the designers that she has opened a spot for adding something that had passed the cut off point. when I asked my designer she told me that she does not have access to the past database options.

I was able to add an option after cut off when I bought at Santa Clara, but it was a battle.  At first, IP wanted to charge me over double the option price.  In the end, I got the option for the original option price.  Just make sure to let IP know that you want this option before you go in to sign the contract.

@BuddyLeo:

I think you're being a bit hyperbolic. I am sure that the stairs look nice, as they do in vaulted ceiling type homes... but "taking your breath away" is a tad much. Sunsets and sunrises can be breathtaking, updated kitchens can steal a little air and even sauna-type master baths can make your lungs pause... but stairs? Well.. maybe if you're ps9.

It's not like stairs are a 3CWG. :)

Stairway-to-Heaven-Iceland.-620x465.jpg

bones said:
@Tribute:
I think it depends on how far along construction is on your house, but if you really want those stairs, I would definitely fight for it.  A lot of these options cutoffs dates are pretty aggressive.  For example, I chose to have an optional door put in a few weeks after I signed the purchase contract.  I went on my walk through months later and noticed they forgot the door.  They said - oops, no problem, easy fix.  Two days later, I visited my house and voila - door was there even though it was way past "cutoff".  I also asked them to move a junction box during the walkthrough and they were able to accommodate me easily.  So I would definitely push the issue and like Ridiculously Long Name said - don't sign unless you can get the stairs!  Especially if it's as breathtaking as it's advertised ;)

Hey, your builder is not IP, of course they are more accommodating. :)

Actually IP do let some buyers have the upgrades even it's pass the cut-off date as long as it's not involve in building permit or it's way way pass the cut-off date  I do think Tribune have a good case for getting the stair rail.

Agreed with the other folks. Push the sales reps to escalate this on your behalf. You have a good case given the fact the other party dropped out.

Just be firm, factual and let them know how this is something you truly desire.

As for comments from 3CWG about the take the breath away impression, honestly you know that there is no other home in Stonegate or PP with such an amazing entrance. This wrap around stair case is a show piece especially when the chandelier is hanging from the center. No other home I've seen in the recent new construction has this look.

Good luck!

Stairs can be breath taking.  I did see a tolls brother home in the Bay Area. Two stairs curving up on both sides. Pretty amazing. 

Hey Buddy, you got me interested in this 2X plan... Any photos of said breathtaking staircase?

395ebc56b701aeed103b72b22a881203_zpsc5f4ee98.jpg

How many of these are there?  I assume a minority since they have to be at the end of the street.

Back