Priority list problem with Mendocino UPDATE

Most of these sales offices have the same type of culture.. SHADDY!  I think that just falls in line with the RE/mortgage business.  There are some good apples out there.. but seems like more bad than good.  These new home sales offices are spoiled with all these FCBs. 

jmoney74 said:
Most of these sales offices have the same type of culture.. SHADDY!  I think that just falls in line with the RE/mortgage business.  There are some good apples out there.. but seems like more bad than good.  These new home sales offices are spoiled with all these FCBs. 

I not sure shaddy is the right world,  they just not very transparent and forthcoming regarding to your standing on the priority list and this can be very frustrating.

Once the market turn into more of a neutral or buyer's market, this priority thing probably don't matter anymore.  I remember a time when you can just walk into a sales office, pick the model and the lot you like, and put down a deposit without even been pre-qualified. 

When the phase which has the house we want was released.  We were on the bottom of the second page of the Mendocino priority list.  We went to sales office with deposit hoping we can get the house.  The sales lady insisted she had to call everyone on the list before us.  So we sat in the office for 2 hours waiting for her leaving the same voicemail to people on the list.  Luckily we got our house.  That was our experience. 

So sorry to hear... if you don't like the 2nd option they offer, just move on. hope that wasn't the only list you were on though. I was really upset when sales people in CV accidentally put my priority date as a few days later which made me miss the Phase 1. Then everything I didn't care for about CV loomed again and I walked away.  I thought everyone including FCBs had to get on the waitlist for IP homes, unless they changed that rule since last year. I personally witnessed a sales lady at Saratoga patiently arguing why she couldn't take this angry couple's money and give them a house right then.Hope all goes well in the end.  :(

Update :

We got the house!

We were (are) extremely busy with reading the contract, reviewing upgrades and making selection; we only have a couple of days to go.

First of all, my thanks go to all the TI community members who sent me a lot of comments, advice and PMs.

Here goes our story, last week I got a call from Irvine company, the person on the phone (couple of people here asked me to not include any name) told me that bcz the other party could not wire the money in timely manner they decided to give the house to us. Whatever the reason was I did not ask about the priority list and ... as at that point we didn't care. But the person who spoke to me about the situation, told me they (Irvine company) prefer to sell the houses to the people that give a sense of community to the whole neighborhood and the problem with our case was that there were two agents were working with two different clients on the same lot at the same time. Anyways, long story short, I don't really know if it was due to my calls, my post here or just luck, but we have gotten what we wanted !

Isnt it illegal to try to sell place to people who would bring a sense of community?

I doubt they did the "right" thing. I think they couldn't get the wired funds for whatever reason and tribune was ready to go. When in the hell has TIC done the "right" thing. They don't even have the confidence to have their work checked by a third party inspector on what is probably the biggest purchase of your life.

I'm in agreement with qwerter about that whole "sense of community" comment by the salesperson.

That's a no-no and sends the wrong message if you're the builder. I think they were just trying to make Tribune feel better after their ordeal and even if that's how they made their decision, you don't want to be advertising that.

Is getting a house in Irvine like trying to get into an Ivy?  :eek:

Tribune said:
Update :

We got the house!

We were (are) extremely busy with reading the contract, reviewing upgrades and making selection; we only have a couple of days to go.

First of all, my thanks go to all the TI community members who sent me a lot of comments, advice and PMs.

Here goes our story, last week I got a call from Irvine company, the person on the phone (couple of people here asked me to not include any name) told me that bcz the other party could not wire the money in timely manner they decided to give the house to us. Whatever the reason was I did not ask about the priority list and ... as at that point we didn't care. But the person who spoke to me about the situation, told me they (Irvine company) prefer to sell the houses to the people that give a sense of community to the whole neighborhood and the problem with our case was that there were two agents were working with two different clients on the same lot at the same time. Anyways, long story short, I don't really know if it was due to my calls, my post here or just luck, but we have gotten what we wanted !

Congratulations!! So happy for you and the family.  Welcome to the neighborhood!

Tribune said:

Congratulations!! 

Here's some tip regarding to upgrades I posted in another thread, hope it helps.  Once again, congratulations and have fun doing all the upgrades.  :)
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,3948.120.html

"After you sign the contract, ask about the complete list of stage 1 options and the stage 1 cut-off date.  The Cut-off date usually came up very quickly and most of stage 1 options like California Room, Conservatory, shower in lieu of bath tub, tech room require 100% deposit.

Obtain your IP Design Center's user name and password asap. Once you have these, you can accesshttp://www.studiochateau.com/and read about stage 2 options.

Stage 2 options are numerous and the list are over 40 pages long.  It include things like appliances, cabinets, knobs, doors, electrical pre-wirings, recessed lights, outlets, crown moldings, insulation etc.  It would be a good idea to studies these options before your fist design center appointment, so you have more time to make a decision on these options and use your appointment time more efficiently.

If you finish your stage 2 option selections early during your appointment, ask your design consultant to show you around about stage 3 options items.  Stage 3 options mainly consists of  countertop, backsplash, tiles, and flooring items.  Look around in the design center and starts to get an idea what do you want to do for your new home.
"

Thank you for the update.

On another note...it's funny that you have to be the one begging them to take your money, but I'm glad everything worked out.  I'm gonna believe it's because of this thread, even if it isn't.

Oh PLEASE IRVINE company take my million dollars!!

Tribune, congratulations and welcome to the neighborhood!

If indeed you have the plan 2X, you should definitely upgrade your stair rails to the "Tuscan" Knotted Series Wrought Iron Balusters Powder Coated Satin Black Maple Finishes. Don't go cheap on the stairs.

This wrap around stair case is gorgeous and will take your breath away when you come home! Too bad the doubters on this blog will never know what it truly looks like because it is not a model home.

Good luck!

Congrats on the purchase, as I always say...things happen for a reason and things don't happen for a reason.  Glad it worked out for you.

BuddyLeo said:
Tribune, congratulations and welcome to the neighborhood!

If indeed you have the plan 2X, you should definitely upgrade your stair rails to the "Tuscan" Knotted Series Wrought Iron Balusters Powder Coated Satin Black Maple Finishes. Don't go cheap on the stairs.

This wrap around stair case is gorgeous and will take your breath away when you come home! Too bad the doubters on this blog will never know what it truly looks like because it is not a model home.

Good luck!

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Rod iron staircase was one of the main options that we wanted to request but unfortunately the cut off point was early January and we have missed it.

Is there anyone who has made the design center to add something after the cut off point?  Last time that I was there, I overheard (they were there in same section of the center as us) one of the designers that she has opened a spot for adding something that had passed the cut off point. when I asked my designer she told me that she does not have access to the past database options.

Back