Price per Sqft in new communities for SFRs

Sunnyirvine said:
What is good base Price per Sqft in new communities e.g BP, PS, SG,EW and OH for SFRs  above 2800SQFT homes?

Do you mean before any upgrades are put into the home? Brand new from the builder without any upgrades from design center?

I know PS Cressa is at or just under 400 per sq feet. Under if you enclose the conservatory.

Sunnyirvine said:
Without any upgrades. What is good Starting base per Sqft price in new Irvine communities for SFRs?

I think $400-$450/sqft is a good start. But those upgrades add up quick  :(

What are the most "must go" upgrades one should go in design studio?

We are thinking, fireplace, accordion doors, and conservatory room in structure.

In design, smooth tiles for bathrooms, they give one oven, thinking of double ovens. Not sure if going for Quartz from Granite, maple cabinets is good idea.

Get the flooring and other upgrade later.

Sunnyirvine said:
What are the most "must go" upgrades one should go in design studio?

We are thinking, fireplace, accordion doors, and conservatory room in structure.

In design, smooth tiles for bathrooms, they give one oven, thinking of double ovens. Not sure if going for Quartz from Granite, maple cabinets is good idea.

Get the flooring and other upgrade later.
Think 'bones' as far as what to do with the builder: solar, california room/conservatory, cabinets, countertops, bathroom fixtures/tile etc. Some also would recommend smart-home, av/surround sound (avoid drywall damage/repainting later).
We did a lot of flooring after close and it was definitely cost-effective but as long as you don't need to be living there or have your stuff in there while that's going on. I'd do bathroom flooring and backsplash through the builder.
After close: garage epoxy, closet organizers, storage racks, window coverings.
Also the stuff you do after close isn't added to your property tax valuation so that's a small bonus also...
FYI our base price per sq ft was around $430 before adding goodies.

and then there's landscaping... could go up astronomically high :(
makes resale look like a bargain

funny thing with fireplace is that we never used ours, only to see if it works and put stuff on the mantle, but some of the new builds now offer it as an option, and it's not cheap

definitely do anything structural through the builder, and i'd suggest any extra electrical outlets as well (interior/floor/exterior), extra exterior gas bibs (in case the builder's standard location sucks, and you want it for the built in bbq or firepit on the other side of your house..., cheaper than having an outside contractor lay down alot of extra piping after), same with extra exterior water outlet

solar, is kinda up to you, outside, it's maybe $3/kw? builder is more like $4/kw if not more?  but need hoa approval (shouldn't be an issue)

AW said:
and then there's landscaping... could go up astronomically high :(
makes resale look like a bargain

funny thing with fireplace is that we never used ours, only to see if it works and put stuff on the mantle, but some of the new builds now offer it as an option, and it's not cheap

definitely do anything structural through the builder, and i'd suggest any extra electrical outlets as well (interior/floor/exterior), extra exterior gas bibs (in case the builder's standard location sucks, and you want it for the built in bbq or firepit on the other side of your house..., cheaper than having an outside contractor lay down alot of extra piping after), same with extra exterior water outlet

solar, is kinda up to you, outside, it's maybe $3/kw? builder is more like $4/kw if not more?  but need hoa approval (shouldn't be an issue)
Agree re landscaping. Can easily spend a few 100k if you want pool, water/fire features, pargola, entertainment wall, fireplace, etc.
As far as new builds, homes w large lots (HC, Trevi) cost at least 200k for landscaping. I've heard Toll Bros spent $1M to landscape some of their HC model homes :eek:

Back