Price Per/sft

mprince_IHB

I'm looking for some opinions here as to what people think the price per/sft will be on average when and if the real estate market does finally hit bottom sometime next year.

[quote author="asianinvasian" date=1251413033]According to bkshopr - $375/sf. He knows everything and is always right.</blockquote>

Hahaha! You're one crazy dude.

I think $275/sf is reasonable but I'm not sure if Irvine will get there.

$250/sf would be ideal... heh.

Oh... and I doubt Irvine will hit bottom next year.

If you go based on how TIC is planning their communities... 2012 seems to be the sweet spot as their 2 "premium" communities, Orchard Hills and Laguna Crossings have been delayed to 2013.

I think it will be $429.65.

I spread a number of cards before my dog and he only picked this one and the way he wagged his tail I am sure he knows something.

He is a smart dog I tell you.

I like to look at $/sf for various neighborhoods:

Newport Coast: $350

Turtle Ridge: $315

Quail Hill: $280

Woodbury/Northpark: $265

West Irvine: $250

This leaves some room for cheaper neighborhoods:

Talega: $200

Ladera Ranch: $200

[quote author="mprince" date=1251409841]I'm looking for some opinions here as to what people think the price per/sft will be on average when and if the real estate market does finally hit bottom sometime next year.</blockquote>
The market may not hit bottom until 2011 or later. The price per sf will depend upon the location/village of the property. For the newer more desirable areas like Quail Hill and Woodbury the bottom may be in the low $300/sf range while other older parts of Irvine might bottom below $250/sf.

Back