Presidential Elections

This is probably the first election that I thoroughly dislike both candidates.

I think Trump wanting to shake things up is awesome but his character is highly questionable and in the end I don't think he can really affect much change.

It would also be awesome to have a woman president, just not Hillary.

eyephone said:
Another Miss Universe contestant allegedly fat-shamed by Trump according to Huffpost.
When it's your job to look a certain way, then yeah you should be ashamed if you don't meet expectations...

spootieho said:
eyephone said:
Another Miss Universe contestant allegedly fat-shamed by Trump according to Huffpost.
When it's your job to look a certain way, then yeah you should be ashamed if you don't meet expectations...

Yeah but fat shaming and publicly humiliating in front of the press is a low blow.

irvinehomeowner said:

I think Trump wanting to shake things up is awesome but his character is highly questionable and in the end I don't think he can really affect much change.

Agree with IHO completely. Would like some change, but not Trump. Would like a woman president, but not Hillary.

This will probably the worst election to vote in at the Presidential level (I know our vote really doesn't "count").

HomeOwner Irvine said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Agree with IHO completely. Would like some change, but not Trump. Would like a woman president, but not Hillary.

This will probably the worst election to vote in at the Presidential level (I know our vote really doesn't "count").

Uncle Joe Biden would have been a better. Mark Cuban should have ran!!!!

Are you the infamous BangBros? Caution for other members DO NOT google his name.

BangBros said:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-nytimes-taxes-18-publish-legal-161316688.html

Trump tax returns reveal $916 million in dollars.  For 20 years, he has probably paid no federal tax returns because he has deducted it all off and written off everything. 

As I kept saying last week, every business has done this and now former Mayor Rudy Giuliani calls him an absolute "genius". 
?Absolute genius,? Giuliani replied. ?This is a perfectly legal application of the tax code. And he would?ve been a fool not to take advantage of it.?
Not only that: Trump could?ve been sued if he hadn?t, Giuliani said.
?You have an obligation when you run a business to maximize the profits,? the former mayor argued. ?And if there is a tax law that says, ?I can deduct this,? you deduct it. If you fail to deduct it, people can sue you. Your investors can sue you.?

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, chairman of Trump?s transition team, also called Trump a ?genius? for avoiding federal taxes.

People really need to wake the fu** up on here and realize that every big fortune 500 business, behind close doors, is doing all of the following:
1) evading and deducting taxes to the fullest extent of the law possible
2) avoiding paying any more taxes than necessary
3) a fiduciary responsibility to reduce tax burden and costs for all shareholders
and for kicks 4) at least one or more executive is probably sleeping with an employee of the company

I had an HR lady come down to our facility.  Real bubbly.  She started sharing all the stories about HR nightmares that in her 20+ career had to deal with.  Sexual encounters, mistresses, fights, intoxications, etc. you name it.  She didn't use names but she gave analogy examples. 
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-nytimes-taxes-18-publish-legal-161316688.html

Ah, lastly, I like this quote Giuliani said in the video:

"Every great man, has failed in their life.  Churchill was thrown out of office twice.  Steve jobs was kicked out of Apple"....

Carrying over NOLs (taking a loss from one year and applying it to future years with taxable income to reduce that years taxable income) is pretty basic standard practice for corporations. That is not something that warrants being called a genius. I learned that shit my junior year at USC.

Now losing a billion dollars in one year, that is genius.

BangBros said:
qwerty said:
Carrying over NOLs (taking a loss from one year and applying it to future years with taxable income to reduce that years taxable income) is pretty basic standard practice for corporations. That is not something that warrants being called a genius. I learned that shit my junior year at USC.

Now losing a billion dollars in one year, that is genius.

Yeah.  Bottom line is, what he did with his taxes... seemed perfectly legal.  What Hillary did with those emails......

Remember, people died in Benghazi.  With tax issues, nobody ever dies.  Even Madoff is still sitting happy and everyone who got conned is still alive after the fact.

Just because something is legal does not mean it is moral/ethical/good or desirable in the leader of the free world. It is legal to wear nothing but shorts and a halter top; I don't want our president to do it. It is legal to frequently tease children; I don't want our president to do it. It is legal to lose a billion dollars; I don't want our president to do it.

Just because most companies value the dollar more than anything else does not make it good. This greed is killing us.

Hillary-Hatred Derangement Syndrome
She alone stands between America and the reign of the most unstable, unfit president in U.S. history.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-hatred-derangement-syndrome-1475192121

"The end of the election is now in sight. Some among the anti-Hillary brigades have decided, in deference to their exquisite sensibilities, to stay at home on Election Day, rather than vote for Mrs. Clinton. But most Americans will soon make their choice. It will be either Mr. Trump or Mrs. Clinton?experienced, forward-looking, indomitably determined and eminently sane. Her election alone is what stands between the American nation and the reign of the most unstable, proudly uninformed, psychologically unfit president ever to enter the White House."

Perspective said:
Hillary-Hatred Derangement Syndrome
She alone stands between America and the reign of the most unstable, unfit president in U.S. history.
http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-hatred-derangement-syndrome-1475192121

"The end of the election is now in sight. Some among the anti-Hillary brigades have decided, in deference to their exquisite sensibilities, to stay at home on Election Day, rather than vote for Mrs. Clinton. But most Americans will soon make their choice. It will be either Mr. Trump or Mrs. Clinton?experienced, forward-looking, indomitably determined and eminently sane. Her election alone is what stands between the American nation and the reign of the most unstable, proudly uninformed, psychologically unfit president ever to enter the White House."
Its like a choice between Bart Simpson or Lisa Simpson for President. Lisa, an insufferable know-it-all like Hillary, would be the sensible choice but what fun would that be? Bart may not be as smart, but he sure as heck would be interesting.

I vote for Homer

005387624_homer_obama.jpg

BangBros said:
tim said:
Just because something is legal does not mean it is moral/ethical/good or desirable in the leader of the free world. It is legal to wear nothing but shorts and a halter top; I don't want our president to do it. It is legal to frequently tease children; I don't want our president to do it. It is legal to lose a billion dollars; I don't want our president to do it.

Just because most companies value the dollar more than anything else does not make it good. This greed is killing us.

I don't think you're understanding.  Mr. Trump, as much as a a-hole as he is to men, woman, and children was running a multi-billion dollar business.  Some of us will NEVER know what that feels like.

Secondly, when running a multi-billion dollar business, you have a fiduciary responsibility to reduce costs, tax burden, and increase earnings for not just yourself but also your shareholders.  At the end of the day, in the free market, you must answer to your shareholders.  And that is what he did.  If you think for one second, his shareholders in '96 disagreed with what he is doing, then clearly, I think you should stop investing in your 401K, IRA, etc. and just put your cash under the mattress.

Everyone of us who have stocks, 401ks, IRAs, are all shareholders in a sense.  If you found out that your Apple stocks was worth $1 million, but because Apple failed to deduct losses, capital equipment, depreciation, etc.etc. and that costed shareholders $600,000, leaving your stocks worth only $400,000 , I'm sure heads will row and a lawsuit will transpire.

Don't be a hypocrite.

I want every company that my 401k/IRA/Roth IRA funds have an invested interests in, to MAXIMIZE profits for ME when I retire to the FULLEST extent of the law legally possible.

Trump might have a fiduciary responsibility towards his companies' investors (mainly Trump and his family) to maximize profits and limit expenses (including taxes) and he might be doing it legally.  I believe him.  But he also says that he's smart and knows all the Ins and Outs of the tax code and that he can close those loopholes that he's benefited from all these years.  Do you really believe he'll be altruistic and fix all those faults with the tax codes when that will directly result in him having to pay a LOT of taxes? 

Back