Power Rankings: Irvine Communities

OCLuvr said:
Top 3 okay.. 4, 5 are laughable

Besides new home smells, the new neighborhoods are nothing to boost about. Yes the buying demographic with a lot of foreign cash may prefer a new hood like EW and push record sales price, but in the long run you cannot upgrade the surrounding of your house. It is location location and location. My top 5 is based on the macro location of the communities with unique attributes and flair that the new home communities simply won't ever have. Hills, canyons, waters but away from major free way.

El Camino Real
Oak Creek
Walnut Village
West Park

The rest are trash b/c too close to the freeway, asphalt smell, stinky landfill, cancerous pesticides, high mello roos, to close to the boonies, and last but not least up to the nose neighbors and tiger parents( am I missing anything?)

Fell free to comment because I am ready to move in one of the above neighborhoods

OCLuvr said:
May I know what is good about OH location?

Take a look at these homes.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/100-Knob-Crk-92602/home/143911612https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/186-Leafy-Pass-92602/home/143911559https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/123-Lanzon-92602/home/143911519
You don't get these high end homes anywhere else on this side of Irvine.

So what's good about OH location? While I personally prefer older side of Irvine in terms of location, many people prefer the newer side for lots of reasons. They're NEW. You get the home with upgrades you want right away. While Shady and Turtle are nice, they most likely will require so much renovations. Hidden Canyon is new also, but some people just don't prefer that location. I personally would choose Hidden.

Schools, demographics, more kids, even easier access to other side of OC such as Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, and so on are also big reasons. Buyers of this price range wouldn't bother so much with it being either TUSD or IUSD. They most likely will send them private schools for their kids. The important thing is there are other kids as their kids' ages as a community. This area usually has more K-12 than other side of higher end Irvine homes.

I know PS can be close to how OH feels, but we all know OH is another step up. OH is surrounded by mostly high end homes with a few alright homes whereas PS is almost the other way. OH also has closer proximity to plazas and malls and easier access to shop around. Since everyone now knows the asphalt factory and landfill smells are all fake rumors, we don't need to count those in as negative facts.

I'm just listing pros of this community including the location. I personally would buy somewhere else if I could afford such pricey homes though.

Mety said:
OCLuvr said:
May I know what is good about OH location?

Take a look at these homes.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/100-Knob-Crk-92602/home/143911612https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/186-Leafy-Pass-92602/home/143911559https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/123-Lanzon-92602/home/143911519
You don't get these high end homes anywhere else on this side of Irvine.

So what's good about OH location? While I personally prefer older side of Irvine in terms of location, many people prefer the newer side for lots of reasons. They're NEW. You get the home with upgrades you want right away. While Shady and Turtle are nice, they most likely will require so much renovations. Hidden Canyon is new also, but some people just don't prefer that location. I personally would choose Hidden.

Schools, demographics, more kids, even easier access to other side of OC such as Yorba Linda, Anaheim Hills, and so on are also big reasons. Buyers of this price range wouldn't bother so much with it being either TUSD or IUSD. They most likely will send them private schools for their kids. The important thing is there are other kids as their kids' ages as a community. This area usually has more K-12 than other side of higher end Irvine homes.

I know PS can be close to how OH feels, but we all know OH is another step up. OH is surrounded by mostly high end homes with a few alright homes whereas PS is almost the other way. OH also has closer proximity to plazas and malls and easier access to shop around. Since everyone now knows the asphalt factory and landfill smells are all fake rumors, we don't need to count those in as negative facts.

I'm just listing pros of this community including the location. I personally would buy somewhere else if I could afford such pricey homes though.

Also dont understand this whole OH TUSD debate like its some horrible schools. OH School k-8 isn't some bottom ranking school and the zoned HS, Beckman which is in Irvine is no slouch either. So yes, the IUSD has the better "name", but the school zoned for OH groves are on par with IUSD schools in the area.

I do feel there is a significant difference in Orchard Hills vs The Groves at Orchards Hills.  The Groves is security gated, has views, large lots, and is surrounded by more orchards, trees and foliage.

Your friend is misinformed. No Way freeway toxin infested quail hill or run of the mill westpark is better then OH. In fact westpark is better then cancer inducing quail hill.
curious, can you please elaborate on your comments regarding toxin infested or cancer inducing? Are you referring to the use of pesticides?

Something's gonna getcha. Either the pesticides, the toxic exhaust fumes, the asphalt plant, or the plume that lies beneath.
Thanks for the link. Where are the toxic exhaust fumes? I heard the plume keeps moving or is it only under certain neighborhoods?

If you live by a freeway, you're getting exposed to toxic fumes. It's not just a noise/view problem, it is a danger to your health.

LA Times article from 2017:

I've brought this up in the past...and someone on TI was arguing with me that they would rather be closer to the freeway

I've brought this up in the past...and someone on TI was arguing with me that they would rather be closer to the freeway
I mean, living closer to the freeway is convenient and all, but I would rather be at least 2-3 miles away.

I always knew that Turtle Rock traded at a premium to most all Irvine Village and I thought it was mainly due to larger lots and no Mello Roos but since I've been living in Turtle Rock I now understand that it's more than that. The area is very nicely laid out, the people are super friendly, it's very green with mature trees, and still centrally located.

I always knew that Turtle Rock traded at a premium to most all Irvine Village and I thought it was mainly due to larger lots and no Mello Roos but since I've been living in Turtle Rock I now understand that it's more than that. The area is very nicely laid out, the people are super friendly, it's very green with mature trees, and still centrally located.
Let's face it... It's the least Irvine of all the villages and so deserves a price premium.

Only knock is not very walkable to retail. :)
Well, if you are forced to drive, a Porsche can get you there pretty quickly. It used to be once you got past Campus Dr. on Culver there were no stoplights slowing you down. How's the situation these days?

Back