Power Rankings: Irvine Communities

jmoney74 said:
Westpark?  F outta here.

I generally agree with most of your opinions throughout random threads.  I want to hear your thoughts about Westpark.  Generally speaking, I think it's one of the better neighborhoods, sq/value wise.  Little to no MR left since it's a bit older.  Most homes above 2000 sq ft.  Low HOA, usually $50 or so.  True backyards compared to most of the communities like Eastwood/Stone gate/cypress village (prob not as big as the million dollar OH I assume) Most homes there are true SFR with driveways so it's not as commingled as the newer neighborhoods with apartments/low income etc.  I understand some of the houses that are right on the fence of Culver might be loud/cancer inducing *where's yf?* but I think the houses around Harvard are pretty nice and less traffic than culver.  What am I missing? 

quick edit: also has really good school district uni high

SoclosetoIrvine said:
jmoney74 said:
Westpark?  F outta here.

I generally agree with most of your opinions throughout random threads.  I want to hear your thoughts about Westpark.  Generally speaking, I think it's one of the better neighborhoods, sq/value wise.  Little to no MR left since it's a bit older.  Most homes above 2000 sq ft.  Low HOA, usually $50 or so.  True backyards compared to most of the communities like Eastwood/Stone gate/cypress village (prob not as big as the million dollar OH I assume) Most homes there are true SFR with driveways so it's not as commingled as the newer neighborhoods with apartments/low income etc.  I understand some of the houses that are right on the fence of Culver might be loud/cancer inducing *where's yf?* but I think the houses around Harvard are pretty nice and less traffic than culver.  What am I missing? 

quick edit: also has really good school district uni high

I'm just talking trash. West park is cool. You can't go really wrong anywhere aside from SA district.

Burn That Belly said:
OCres said:
Your friend is misinformed.  No Way freeway toxin infested quail hill or run of the mill westpark is better then OH.  In fact westpark is better then cancer inducing quail hill.

Hi OCres... my friends are considering moving to QH. Can you help me and describe why QH is cancer inducing? i want to pass along the news to them.
Thanks!

Was due to pesticides being sprayed in the area  but I think it's  passed now:http://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/tn-dpt-me-0214-irvine-pesticides-20160215-story.html

Here's my list (not based on value/sqft):

1. Shady Canyon (accessibility from the 405 to the ocean, plus gorgeous homes)
2. Turtle Ridge/Rock (dated floorplans, but pretty great proximity to the ocean)
3. Orchard Hills (far from the ocean, but the setting is really uniquely beautiful, and the floorplans are contemporary; arguably the best/most unique view opportunities in Irvine)
4. Hidden Canyon (close to the ocean, but not a fan of how it's basically on a freeway offramp; contemporary floorplans)
5. Quail Hill (don't really have any qualifiers, it just seems right here)

I'd put Shady canyon up there, would love to live there if I could afford it.

#2 probably Turtle Ridge only because of location. Personally, woudnt buy a home there only because they are dated and dont have the time for a project especially after spending close to 3mill for a home there. Looking at some homes there selling for close to 3mill, they don't seem to turnkey.

#3 I gotta go with Orchard Hills. Probably the most luxurious of the Northern irvine communities, at least in my opinion.

Are you sales agent at Orchard hills? One of the worst locations; too interior.. half of the community in TUSD.. Asphalt issue

How can I question the numbers? If Helena/Delano are selling at premium, who am I to question?

OCLuvr said:
How can I question the numbers? If Helena/Delano are selling at premium, who am I to question?

We're not questioning the fact EW gives great ROI. I'm only asking if you live there now since you said you lived in PS last time I remember. You don't need to answer if you feel like that's too much privacy exposed.

As for the ranking, I think EW is at the top for sub $1.5m range. For higher end homes like $3-5m range, OH is the top dog, but I personally would rather live in Shady Canyon or Hidden Canyon at that point.

I agree. People who are buying at top dollar should look at Turtle Ridge, Turtle Rock, Hidden Canyon? OH doesn?t even come close?I don?t see OH any better than PS.. My $0.02..

I think Power Ranking is very easy to do.  Just goto Zillow or Redfin and rank by highest $ per square feet and highest prices (listed, pending, sold) by each neighborhood and you are done with the ranking.

Market and $ speaks volume unless you want to rank by specific things/attachments that you prefer individually.

Hey, what about Rancho San Joaquin? Ain?t nobody ever mentions about that hood here. 

Back