Power Rankings: Irvine Communities

NoSoup4U

So a friend of mine was asking me about which communities in Irvine I would recommend.  So I thought I would put together a list of my top communities.
Note: He will not consider any communities east of the 5 because he considers that the "IE" of Irvine.

1) Shady Canyon
2) Turtle Ridge
3) Quail Hill
4) Turtle Rock
5) Westpark I (Uni High zone)  --  This is probably the most controversial pick but I consider this the most conveniently located community in Irvine.  Close to SC Plaza and airport but no noise from planes, homes arent too old (late 80's), cool weather (ocean breeze still seems to reach area), Low HOA (best HOA value for the buck in Irvine IMHO), Mello Roos goes away in a few yrs I hear, Uni High, can quickly connect to Tustin Market place area via the Autobahn of Irvine aka Jamboree (east of Barranca).

Wait, this is starting to sound like a plug for Westpark I even though my friends call me a Turtle Ridge fan boy.  Your thoughts would be appreciated!

This is about right. Number 5 to me is the best value (best bang for your buck) is Irvine right now and well into the future, unless one considers view lot only.
Northwood Pointe could also be considered in the top 5.

villagepeople said:
can we count new communities?  my five would be...

1) Shady Canyon
2) Turtle Ridge
3) Laguna Aultra
4) Quail Hill
5) Turtle Rock

Oh yes, you are correct.  I forgot about LA.  Not sure if I would put it ahead of QH tho.  At least some QH homes have views.

I didn't include NW pointe since it is east of the 5 ( i think).  But what are the reasons you rank it so high?

NoSoup4U said:
I didn't include NW pointe since it is east of the 5 ( i think).  But what are the reasons you rank it so high?
Larger lots, lower density, low HOA/Mello Roos, high vaulted ceilings on several plans, and mostly gated.

NoSoup4U said:
So a friend of mine was asking me about which communities in Irvine I would recommend.  So I thought I would put together a list of my top communities.
Note: He will not consider any communities east of the 5 because he considers that the "IE" of Irvine.

1) Shady Canyon
2) Turtle Ridge
3) Quail Hill
4) Turtle Rock
5) Westpark I (Uni High zone)  --  This is probably the most controversial pick but I consider this the most conveniently located community in Irvine.  Close to SC Plaza and airport but no noise from planes, homes arent too old (late 80's), cool weather (ocean breeze still seems to reach area), Low HOA (best HOA value for the buck in Irvine IMHO), Mello Roos goes away in a few yrs I hear, Uni High, can quickly connect to Tustin Market place area via the Autobahn of Irvine aka Jamboree (east of Barranca).

Wait, this is starting to sound like a plug for Westpark I even though my friends call me a Turtle Ridge fan boy.  Your thoughts would be appreciated!

top communities in terms of price and cost be damned? If it is best bang for the buck, then all the new communities have much higher carrying costs and smaller lots and hence lower b/$. But if it is price be damned, hard to top Shady or The Summit (i think that is what it is called, part of TRock gated area).

1. University Park
2. Old Northwood (the houses built in the '70s)
3. Woodbridge
4. Turtle Rock

Everything else in Irvine is pretty much crap.

NoSoup4U said:

Over 6 years later, is east of the 5 still considered the "IE" of Irvine?

NoSoup4U said:

1) Shady Canyon
2) Turtle Ridge
3) Quail Hill
4) Turtle Rock

Your friend is misinformed.  No Way freeway toxin infested quail hill or run of the mill westpark is better then OH.  In fact westpark is better then cancer inducing quail hill.

1. Shady Canyon
2. Turtle Ridge & Turtle Rock are tied
3. Quail Hill
4. Laguna Altura
5. Northwood Pointe

It's too bad that IE is not considered here but that will change in 5 years +.

I'm gonna have a list no one agrees.

1. Northwood Pointe
2. Eastwood
3. Orchard Hills
4. Stonegate
5. Cypress Village East

Now, if you have money like Mayweather, just buy Shady Canyon. To save some bucks, Hidden Canyon is there for you too.

Back