Possible Irvine 3-Car Garage Homes

myirvine

Spoke to someone from a builder and was told that there is a small chance that there may be 3-car garage homes being built in Woodbury.

There is an area previously allocated for Carmel II which now seems to be under review.  One option under consideration are 3-car garage homes (probably 3-car tandem).

Will be interesting to see how this develops and if they were influenced by sites such as this.

If 2-car garage homes in Woodbury are $900k+... a 3-car garage one would be $4.2mil.

Times like this makes me wonder if we should have parted ways with our 3CWG.

Based on the current home plans (we know they haven't developed anything new recently) I'll bet that the best they can do is a 2.5 tandem.  That would will work for me as the important part is storage while allowing for two cars to park in the garage. 

My question is who from Irvine Pacific is going to design this extinct beast?

They'll try to put that 3rd car garage on the 2nd floor.

If they do end up building these, there probably wont be too many since this is in an area near the San Marino, Carmel II and Sonoma side of Woodbury.

nytransplant said:
Based on the current home plans (we know they haven't developed anything new recently) I'll bet that the best they can do is a 2.5 tandem.  That would will work for me as the important part is storage while allowing for two cars to park in the garage. 

I can tell you are not from Irvine--**gasp** actually using your garage to park cars!!!  ;)

Not sure if this has been updated elsewhere, but I did see at least one Woodbury home (San Marino, I believe) that hasa what appears to be a 3 car garage!!  Not tandem--there is the single car garage on the left of the front door and double garage on the left...

IHO, this is for you!

irvinefan said:
Not sure if this has been updated elsewhere, but I did see at least one Woodbury home (San Marino, I believe) that hasa what appears to be a 3 car garage!!  Not tandem--there is the single car garage on the left of the front door and double garage on the left...

IHO, this is for you!
I missed this post... San Marino is all 2CWGs.

I think even the upcoming Brookfield homes will be 2CWGs.

irvinehomeowner said:
If 2-car garage homes in Woodbury are $900k+... a 3-car garage one would be $4.2mil.

Hindsght is always 20-20. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

You could always convert your great room into an extra garage.  wait.... where would you watch tv then?

homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

You could always convert your great room into an extra garage.  wait.... where would you watch tv then?
In that extra garage that you created (aka the ultimate man cave)...duh.  :p

USCTrojanCPA said:
homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If I understand right, the future third car garage will be in the great room and it will be called "California Great Room" ?

Cubic Zirconia said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

If I understand right, the future third car garage will be in the great room and it will be called "California Great Room" ?
Close, it'll be called the California Great Garage Room.  :D

USCTrojanCPA said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I hope they add a phone room/ corner for people who take "private" phone calls :p

Cubic Zirconia said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

I hope they add a phone room/ corner for people who take "private" phone calls :p

Already invented, but still working out the kinks... [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcSWI6Ppks[/youtube]

homer_simpson said:
San Marino is all 2CG.  The garage does feel a bit larger than normal homes though..

There are a few San Marinos with 3 car garages--  they are at the end of cul de sacs on the bigger lots.  I think there are probably less than 10 homes.  Very cool-- they were all sold by the time we saw them unfortunately    :'(

Back