Portola Springs Still Going

IACRenter_IHB

I recently drove by PS and was surprised to see TIC still busy grading the ground on the adjacent hill. I guess regardless of RE conditions they continue their work on the next phase of PS. Same thing goes for OH, Stonegate, and Laguna Crossing too. I guess it keeps their employees busy.

They are keeping their employees busy sending out a lot of spam email on PS and Woodbury as well. Seems like I get something everyday. Can't tell you what they said though, unless I recover from the trash bin.

[quote author="CK" date=1217998451]They are keeping their employees busy sending out a lot of spam email on PS and Woodbury as well. Seems like I get something everyday. Can't tell you what they said though, unless I recover from the trash bin.</blockquote>

I used to read these when they weren't so frequent. Now I just don't bother

Bren could push dirt around for another 10 years and still not feel any pain. They made so much off the last 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if he was burring his cash up on those hills.

I keep on checking in on those things. Maybe one day i'll purchase there, but so far their prices are in the realm of fantisy....

Goodluck

-bix

I went to Esperanza over the weekend - the new IAC community in Woodbury East. Great development - I'd be interested in it if it didn't feed into Irvine HS (I want my boy to attend Northwood).

Anyway the manager there told me that TIC was razing the models in Woodbury East as well as some in PS. He seemed pretty certain of this. And, the development across Irvine Blvd from Ezperanza (and across Sand Cyn from Palmeras Apartments) is the new site for Westwood Basics Plus School - aka Stonegate School.

[quote author="irvinesinglemom" date=1218016695]...the manager there told me that TIC was razing the models in Woodbury East as well as some in PS.</blockquote>

Interesting news. That must mean that they aren't planning on selling for quite a while, longer than what the signs had said. I haven't driven by there in quite a while, so I don't know if they still even have dates on them.

Too bad they wasted the money on building the models, but TIC has it to waste, I guess. They wouldn't want to have outdated models when they finally decide to start building again!

[quote author="PadreBrian" date=1218003053]Bren could push dirt around for another 10 years and still not feel any pain. They made so much off the last 10 years, I wouldn't be surprised if he was burring his cash up on those hills.</blockquote>

I wouldn't be so sure about that. The type of people who managed to get amass fortunes like Brens tend to get pretty pissed off when they make a bad call and watch the value of their assets decline by half or more. Sure the private investors who own IC ain't going to be lining up at the soup kitchen anytime soon but when the bubble finishes deflating and they realize how much potential money they lost by deciding to not sell anything 2007-2009, it's gonna sting.

[quote author="irvinesinglemom" date=1218016695]I went to Esperanza over the weekend - the new IAC community in Woodbury East. Great development - I'd be interested in it if it didn't feed into Irvine HS (I want my boy to attend Northwood).

Anyway the manager there told me that TIC was razing the models in Woodbury East as well as some in PS. He seemed pretty certain of this. And, the development across Irvine Blvd from Ezperanza (and across Sand Cyn from Palmeras Apartments) is the new site for Westwood Basics Plus School - aka Stonegate School.</blockquote>

Damn. I bet that one set of those are the Prado homes I really, really wanted.

We have talked about this before, those condos just arn't going to sell in the next 10 years. and those condo homes..raz them while you are at it.

Did anyone notice the status of Decada? They ought to be building the final units over the parking lot right now. They announced a shuttering but I still see ads in the paper for them as they are still an active community.

SCHB

[quote author="socalhousingbubble" date=1218063027]Did anyone notice the status of Decada? They ought to be building the final units over the parking lot right now. They announced a shuttering but I still see ads in the paper for them as they are still an active community.

SCHB</blockquote>

I was over there by Decada about three weeks ago, they are indeed building over the parking lot...Homes were pretty far along at that time, probably almost done by now. Sign said the Decada sales office was now at Vientos.

[quote author="irvinesinglemom" date=1218016695]I went to Esperanza over the weekend - the new IAC community in Woodbury East. Great development - I'd be interested in it if it didn't feed into Irvine HS (I want my boy to attend Northwood).

</blockquote>

I'm surprised that Northwood is the pinnacle of education and anything else in Irvine seems like 'crap' (well, besides UNI). I'm a former Vaq, has IHS really gone down that much?

[quote author="k.o." date=1218247846][quote author="irvinesinglemom" date=1218016695]I went to Esperanza over the weekend - the new IAC community in Woodbury East. Great development - I'd be interested in it if it didn't feed into Irvine HS (I want my boy to attend Northwood).

</blockquote>

I'm surprised that Northwood is the pinnacle of education and anything else in Irvine seems like 'crap' (well, besides UNI). I'm a former Vaq, has IHS really gone down that much?</blockquote>

My wanting my son to attend NHS actually is completely unrelated to academics. I just love the location. Love, love, love the location. Even when OH eventually gets built out, it is a peaceful, hilly, currently almost rural-feeling setting. All the other high schools in Irvine are surrounded by busy multi-lane roads.

And by the way, I would send him to any other high school in Irvine before allowing him to attend Uni. I think the pressure those kids deal with at that school is just stupid. I want my son to not only get a great academic education, but also have tons of fun, lots of opportunities to play sports, and just hang out and enjoy being a teenager. If that means maybe he has less of a chance of getting accepted into Harvard, well, whatever. I couldn't afford to send him there anyway!

There's an interesting rumor on the <a href="http://www.tickerforum.org/cgi-ticker/akcs-www?post=55660">Ticker Forum</a> that says the Irvine Company has halted all construction projects, including apartment and condo projects.

Nope, the apartment projects over by woodbury still had lot of work going on last week....it might mean no more new projects...which I agree. the 1000+ units over in woodbury and the 1500 over at "the park at spectrum" (which will take 2 more years to finish) is enough to last for another 5 years. hahah, now the houses...we already knew that!

[quote author="irvinesinglemom" date=1218276505][quote author="k.o." date=1218247846][quote author="irvinesinglemom" date=1218016695]I went to Esperanza over the weekend - the new IAC community in Woodbury East. Great development - I'd be interested in it if it didn't feed into Irvine HS (I want my boy to attend Northwood).

</blockquote>

I'm surprised that Northwood is the pinnacle of education and anything else in Irvine seems like 'crap' (well, besides UNI). I'm a former Vaq, has IHS really gone down that much?</blockquote>

My wanting my son to attend NHS actually is completely unrelated to academics. I just love the location. Love, love, love the location. Even when OH eventually gets built out, it is a peaceful, hilly, currently almost rural-feeling setting. All the other high schools in Irvine are surrounded by busy multi-lane roads.

And by the way, I would send him to any other high school in Irvine before allowing him to attend Uni. I think the pressure those kids deal with at that school is just stupid. I want my son to not only get a great academic education, but also have tons of fun, lots of opportunities to play sports, and just hang out and enjoy being a teenager. If that means maybe he has less of a chance of getting accepted into Harvard, well, whatever. I couldn't afford to send him there anyway!</blockquote>

Thanks for the info ISM! Yes, I agree Northwood is a very nice location, but part of me still feels weird if I drive by that area. Growing up in Irvine I remember when it was all undeveloped land... oh the 'good old days' with orange groves.

Back