Portola springs homes resale value

reshma86

With a landfill stink, flooding threat due to reservoirs, wild fire threat, contaminated soils/water from great park areas, close to 241/133 what will be the resale value of Sage/other homes in portola springs, compared to Cypress village(I5) and great park neighborhoods(toxic land+musick jail+cemetery)?

HomeShopper said:
With a landfill stink, flooding threat due to reservoirs, wild fire threat, contaminated soils/water from great park areas, close to 241/133 what will be the resale value of Sage/other homes in portola springs, compared to Cypress village(I5) and great park neighborhoods(toxic land+musick jail+cemetery)?

If Portola Spring's proximity to the 241 and 133 is a mild concern, then Cypress Village's proximity to the 5 and 133 is a huge concern, no?

I think this is a legitimate question.  There are certainly many more negatives to PS than other villages in Irvine.  If you were to compare exact same house on the same size lot in PS versus any other village, I would certainly think that sale prices in PS will be significantly lower...

gld2 said:
Two houses, one is located at PS, the other is at Woodbury East.  One is detached, the other is attached.  Which one is a good choice?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/64-Peony-92618/home/40103024
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/27-Keepsake-92618/home/40102833
There will be a brand new elementary school opening this year and new high school which scheduled to open next year, plus the retail center being built now.  I'll bet on Portola Springs from the appreciation perspective.  Woodbury East on the other hand will always be a less favorite step child in the family like Stonegate East and Norpark Square.

Harajuku said:
Roger said:
tooslow4u said:
If you have to keep ask whether or not your girl is hot, guess what? She's probably not that hot.
wtf does this have to do with this thread?  :eek:

Homeshopper is trying to see if his girlfriend (initial P.S.) will become a hot working mama or drain his savings in the future.
Lol this is by far the worst analogy I heard in my life... 

I guess I'm in the minority, but I like PS. 

- It's a lot less dense than other villages
- Has the "out of the way" feeling I like but not completely isoolated
- Many homes have good hillside views
- Some homes high on the hill have city views
- In my experience, common area's (pools & playgrounds) aren't as crowded as Woodbury, CV, etc.
- Streets have some curvature giving the area more character

Roger said:
gld2 said:
Two houses, one is located at PS, the other is at Woodbury East.  One is detached, the other is attached.  Which one is a good choice?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/64-Peony-92618/home/40103024
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/27-Keepsake-92618/home/40102833
There will be a brand new elementary school opening this year and new high school which scheduled to open next year, plus the retail center being built now.  I'll bet on Portola Springs from the appreciation perspective.  Woodbury East on the other hand will always be a less favorite step child in the family like Stonegate East and Norpark Square.

If I were the buyer, I would choose the detached PS house, rather than the attached WBE townhouse. However, apparently people like better WBE than PS.

While I congratulate IUSD and TIC for finally getting ready to open Portola Springs Elementary School (years later than they said they would and at a different location), putting an elementary school on Portola Parkway near the 241 exit seems like a bad idea to me.  Tons of commuters take 241/Portola from South County to get to their jobs in Irvine.  This commuter traffic will be speeding by Portola Springs Elementary School every morning dodging all of the school traffic.

Happiness said:
While I congratulate IUSD and TIC for finally getting ready to open Portola Springs Elementary School (years later than they said they would and at a different location), putting an elementary school on Portola Parkway near the 241 exit seems like a bad idea to me.  Tons of commuters take 241/Portola from South County to get to their jobs in Irvine.  This commuter traffic will be speeding by Portola Springs Elementary School every morning dodging all of the school traffic.

Do a lot of traffic really get off at Portola Irvine?  I would think it would be more Alton (now that it's open) or the cars would connect to the 133 and get off at Irvine blvd/5 fwy/barranca.

ps9 said:
Bash PS thread... sounds familiar.. don't forget the recent coyote attacks!

where's paperboy?

Was not on the board today :)

Anyways, OP is a loaded question so I'll people make their own decisions.

One thing about PS is that the future neighborhoods are mostly away from all of the negatives. They are across the street from Beacon Park without the toxic land and never ending, 2% annually increasing mello roos.

paperboyNC said:
One thing about PS is that the future neighborhoods are mostly away from all of the negatives. They are across the street from Beacon Park without the toxic land and never ending, 2% annually increasing mello roos.

Not really.  The only neighborhood "across from BP" if you can even call it that is that neighborhood with all the apartments and condos at the corner of Modjeska and Irvine Blvd.  The major chunk of undeveloped land in Portola Springs is along the 241 toll road on both sides of Portola Parkway, nowhere near Beacon Park.  Right?

My guess is that as long as there are new homes being built at Beacon Park, PS probably won't rise that much in value in the short term.  Buyers may gravitate to Beacon Park because it's closer to the action, closer to the major freeways, and the overall new community buzz. But once Beacon Park is all built out, PS may rise. 

Back