Portola Springs Fall Festival

You also have to factor in location.... I prefer where Casero is located in the south enclave of Portola Springs. The north enclave is nice too with the big park area close by.

Santa Cruz seems a bit more dense and the Stonegate East area is not as open.

irvinehomeowner said:
You also have to factor in location.... I prefer where Casero is located in the south enclave of Portola Springs. The north enclave is nice too with the big park area close by.

Santa Cruz seems a bit more dense and the Stonegate East area is not as open.

The north enclave is a bit too close to the freeway for my liking but is surrounded by nicer homes than those in the south enclave :D  If the freeway noise can somehow be mitigated, it'd be a very nice location.

North enclave has better elevations albeit parts of it are close to freeway.  North enclave doesn't seem as dense as South enclave.  South enclave is flat and straight.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Anyone know when they are gonna open up the Sevilla models?
I haven't even seen any construction of Sevilla models but I may have been looking in the wrong areas.

The thing is they need to be careful of cannibalization since Primrose and Casero are similar products and because part of Casero will be going into the North Enclave, that could compete with Sevilla.

Sevilla is scheduled to open late 2010 (along with Ironwood).  The sales people at Casero didn't think they'd begin the north enclave phases until 2H 2011.

USCTrojanCPA said:
If the 133 was free up to Portola Parkway, I would consider buying a home in Portola Springs.

I think a lot of people will agree with you.  Even if it's only $50 or $100 a month in tolls, it's hard for some people to accept the idea of paying it.  Kind of like mello-roos.

irvinehomeowner said:
Bren should make a phone call to Toll Roads Inc (or whoever controls the 133).

Bren should buy the toll road and give the new homeowners free 10 year pass.  Portola springs will sell out faster than Woodbury.

irvinehomeowner said:
annabanana said:
Looks like the framing is going up for the models for Sevilla.
Is that over between the toll road and Paloma?

That's correct.  West of Paloma and near the toll road.  I myself have not driven close enough to verify if it is Sevilla or Ironwood, but if you drive down Portola Parkway and look to the left, you can see framing going up.  2nd story is already in. 

Models going up are for Sevilla, and they are building them fast. Already framing 2nd story a week after pouring the slab. No signs of Ironwood framing yet but I think they should be going up soon as the grading is almost complete in that area.

irvineresident said:
Models going up are for Sevilla, and they are building them fast. Already framing 2nd story a week after pouring the slab. No signs of Ironwood framing yet but I think they should be going up soon as the grading is almost complete in that area.

Yep.  I saw them this Sunday driving on the 133/241 interchange.  Like you said, they're going up fast!

Back