Portola Parkway

Arman

Does anyone know if there are any near-term plans to extend/complete Portola Parkway to complete the segment from Portola Springs to Foothill Ranch?

Considering how long it took to complete Alton... I wouldn't expect it in the near future, esp with the 241 there that basically completes that same route.

But maybe when the open the new Lake Forest homes, demand might call for it.

I agree. This road extension should be completed, which would offer additional retail options for Portola Springs residents. In all honesty though, most people would say no to avoid increased traffic along the route.

I highly doubt it. Costs money. Mello Roos are high enough as it is.  Maybe stick it to BR MR, haha

I don't see this as being completed. The toll road traffic is still below forecasts, and this would only draw more traffic off the toll road. I don't expect any public official will ever admit this, but I fear it's been tabled due to lobbying behind the scenes.

HMart said:
Jenita143 said:
Yeah, costs $1.75 to $2 just to go that one exit on the toll road

This is peanuts compared to the cost of housing over there these days.

Since there is no need for manual toll collection, they should make their rates rational to the distance.  There is no sense that Portola Irvine  - Alton exit has the same toll rate as that if you exit the Santa Margarita Parkway exit.

they're all swimming in all the toll road users money, not sure if they care what logic makes sense

what i hate are all the cops hiding out, how many fatalities are on the toll road, go hang out by the school zones, or places where people like don't stop at stop signs

Back