Portola offering incentives? Free washer, dryer and fridge.

CTNative

I was reading USCTrojanCPA's thread on broker co-ops last week and thought that was pretty interesting.

I told my wife about it, and pointed to that as a sign of a decrease in foot/sales traffic for TIC which points to signs of a slowing housing market in Irvine (which would be an indication of slowing everywhere in OC in general). If this extrapolation is incorrect, someone correct me. I read in that same thread that the next steps would be incentives such as builder upgrades and the like.

Then yesterday as I was getting the mail, I got the attached flyer from San Carlos Court at Portola Springs which is now offering a "free washer, dryer and refrigerator" if you "purchase before June 5, 2011."

I think it's safe to say (and correct me if I am practicing unsafe commenting), that TIC would not be offering a penny more than they had to, if sales were moving along as planned. We all recall I am sure, that as the bubble tip-topped out and started declining down the backside, we saw the start of these same incentives. First, (a) free appliances, then (a) plus (b) builder incentives, then (a)+(b) plus (c) rebates/credits/closing costs and/or HOA dues pre-paid for 'x' months. Interesting to see them start all over again if there wasn't a belief backed by slowing sales that they were starting down a fresh backside slide.

I'm looking forward to watching the incentives ramp up as sales ramp down.

Attachments

• Portola.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 207
That's about a $1,500 or so incentive. Not much when you're buying a home at those prices. They need to get serious about their PPSF and HOA/Mello Roos fees if they want to boost sales.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

The avalanche has just begun CT. Guys like Akim997 really dodged a bullet. Others, well... they're going to eat a sizable loss. The TIC brochures should provide enough material to wipe away the tears.

IndieDev said:
The avalanche has just begun CT. Guys like Akim997 really dodged a bullet. Others, well... they're going to eat a sizable loss. The TIC brochures should provide enough material to wipe away the tears.
IndieDev said:

LOL!  :)

Back