Police thread

almon

Let's put humorous Irvine police stories here. Let me start with what is in my favorite magazine Car and Driver's Jan 2010 issue (in the Winners and Losers column), on page 70:

"WINNER: Then there's the painfully clean IRVINE, CALIFORNIA, known for its rows of identical white houses, identical white Republicans, and a low crime rate--indeed the lowest per capita violent-crime rate in the nation for five years running, according to the FBI. Irvine police get so few calls that when a father and his 14-year-old son began arguing in the driveway about water-polo practice, two cruisers arrived at the scene within minutes, according to the Los Angeles Times. An officer dutifully reported a 415--a 'disturbance, son not doing what dad wants. Verbal only. No crime.' When a real crook recently entered an Irvine home through an open garage door and demanded cash from a woman at gun-point, the police sent more than 40 cruisers, four police dogs, and a helicopter--and a nearby grade school was put on lockdown."

They obviously got everything wrong -> all Irvine houses are beige, not white... <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) -->

They obviously got everything wrong -> all Irvine houses are beige, not white...

Thanks for my morning laugh. LOL

Well, I don't work in Irvine - but my day started with a homicide crime scene, identifying the suspect by video and working leads, catching him and accomplices.....then I ended the day chasing down a horse who had gotten loose on a major street and was running amuk. And not one donut, I swear.

Trooper

Code:
then I ended the day chasing down a horse who had gotten loose on a major street and was running amuk

Ride 'um Cowgirl!!!

enjoy!

Troop!

Reminded me of the times i lived in El Paso.

We had a cattle truck turn over. There were cows ALL over the I-10. Next thing you know I see a bunch of cowboys on the back of a truck hearding the cattle, one guys jumps from the truck, wrestles the cow to the ground and hog ties it. He then jumps back on and goes after the next! Wooo-Doggie!

Only in Texas.

2 good ones, from the Irvine World News, Thursday 1/28's edition:

Disturbance - Thunder Run. A resident reported that someone had left 10 chicken feet on her front porch while she was inside watching TV. Reported at 9:28pm.

Petty theft - 4200 block Campus Drive. A man tried to steal a $1.99 light bulb by putting it in a woman's purse. The stores sensor went off as they exited the building, and the light bulb was recovered. Reported at 7:47pm.

Back