Please introduce yourself.

The <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/2530/">thread</a> got be thinking about the members of the forum here and their wealth and their job and where in OC or out of OC where do they currently live.

So please introduce yourself, your approximate income, and your location in OC, and why do you want to buy a house in the Irvine/OC area.

I make a little more than 100k (doing intellectual property stuff) and I currently live in the Inland Empire, but work in OC. I am looking to buy in OC as my first house and also to reduce my commute time.

I park cars at the California Adventure resort in the evenings. In the mornings I sell oranges near the 57/Orangewood onramp. In between my straight jobs I play the $20/$40 EO game at Hollywood Park and dabble with my perpetuial motion machine.

I usually live in the industrial area near Chapman College, out of my 'mobile' abode, if you get my drift.

Presently "employed" doing community service along the freeway shoulder, but will be actively seeking a more challenging position in the mortgage industry in about 17 more days.

I'm what they call a knife catcher. I have really low self esteem and like to remind myself of it, so I come here for my daily dose of bad news of what's to come of our net worth and keep my self worth low.

I am currently squatting in a large closet in Shady Canyon where I have access to free wi-fi. The owners have yet to discover me because they have so many closets.

I used to design/build/test bombs for a living... now I build airplaines. I haveyet to have a plane do a successful round trip, for some reason they get to the destination just fine... then implode or explode... it depends.

-bix

I am the one who used the blower every morning at 7am sharp outside your Master bedroom windows because I am envious of you living in Irvine. Meanwhile I study the architectural styles for your homes. Here is my summary of styles. Oreo, Macadamia nuts, short bread, ginger snap, peanut butter, and chocolate chip. I clip the hedges along your sideyards and I would look into the windows to study your floor plan.

I am the guy who rubberband flier to your door knob and shim business cards to your front door jambs during the noontime after I am done waking up all of you. I used this time to carefully understand the vocabulary of windows, doors and roof tile colors. This is why I remembered the pots and awning colors for the house IR2 posted. BTW I just put another flier at the front door step of Ipo's house fronting the firelane and I glimpsed at his trellis color. As I go around the neighborhood handing out fliers I learned about community layout, street pattern, lot sizes and setbacks regarding master planning.

Then I part time during the mid afternoon gathering 99 Ranch shopping carts so I can study why Asian kids are so smart but so self centered and why their moms and dads drive so slow and own the same brand of cars.

My workday ends ay exactly 4:50Pm so that I can deliberately drive my junkie car with all kinds of mechanical problems so it can break down in the middle lane of the freeway during the rush hour. I love the look on all the white collar professionals driving by me so I can see all their facial reaction one by one.

What a great way to spend my day!

I was being serious. I have no desire to buy a house in the Irvine/OC area unless prices drop 75%. I wouldn't mind, however, buying a house in the San Diego area when the time is right.

Software Engineer. I'm 25. I want to buy a condo in either aliso or the south side of irvine (oak creek, quail). I make 95k a year, maybe a bit more to push me over if the bonuses are good.

I live in Quail Hill but will be putting up my condo up for sale shortly and become a renter. After the dust settles in a few years, I'll buy something again. I work as a commercial real estate construction lender at a regional bank (one that never did much residential mortgage lender thank goodness) and am a realtor both here in So Cal and Las Vegas on the side. Income wise I'm in the low 6 figures.

I also stand in Home Depot parking lots so I can be chosen as an apprentice to craft your home. The builders let me practice on the model homes first. I gain all my knowledge regarding construction defects from this job. Got to go. INS is around the corner...............................................................................Now I am back. I am parttime on all my other professions to annoy homeowners but I am a fulltime IHB blogger!

I am Donald Bren's illegitimate son. I have been waiting for years to get my back child support checks. Until then I work part time as an assistant to awgee, no_vas, and BK. They pay me in Taco Bell gift certificates and food stamps. Sometimes as a bonus awgee will buy lunch at the Hat in Lake Forest. Somehow I qualified for a 100% no money down loan with that income in 2005. Lately the bank has been accepting the food stamps as payment more than the gift certificates. They don't want another home, and they believe I will get my back child support any day now.

[quote author="25w100k+" date=1214614834]Software Engineer. I'm 25. I want to buy a condo in either aliso or the south side of irvine (oak creek, quail). I make 95k a year, maybe a bit more to push me over if the bonuses are good.</blockquote>

95, not 100?? dude my whole image of you is based on the name and it's just been shattered. :p

[quote author="graphrix" date=1214616243]I am Donald Bren's illegitimate son. I have been waiting for years to get my back child support checks. Until then I work part time as an assistant to awgee, no_vas, and BK. They pay me in Taco Bell gift certificates and food stamps. Sometimes as a bonus awgee will buy lunch at the Hat in Lake Forest. Somehow I qualified for a 100% no money down loan with that income in 2005. Lately the bank has been accepting the food stamps as payment more than the gift certificates. They don't want another home, and they believe I will get my back child support any day now.</blockquote>

Me too that was the reason why my whole family ended on the street. We are blood related siblings!

Back