Places where parking is good?

diulei

I'm looking to move in the next few months for a place by myself (finally)... what neighborhoods are there in Irvine/Tustin Ranch that have good parking and 1BR models?

By good parking, I mean your friends don't have to circle the lot or park at the grocery store across the street after 5pm on weekdays.  I lived at:

- Santa Maria (terrible)
- Rancho Maderas (awesome).

I have friends who live(d) at:
- Rancho Mariposa (decent)
- Rancho Santa Fe (terrible)
- Estancia (terrible)
- Somerset (great)

When we first started dating my bf lived at San Leon which had a lot of parking but the spaces were narrow and far away from the apartment buildings -  I kind of hated it there, but they do have 1brs, ample parking, etc.      Honestly if you aren't married to renting in Irvine/Tustin you can probably get a better 1br for your buck if you take a few steps outside that area.    A 1br there is 1490, and our 2br2ba in costa mesa which includes the joy and wonder of an in-unit washer dryer and 2 storage closets outside (one in our carport thats big enough for a couple bikes, one on the patio) is going up to 1535/month when we re-sign this year.    Just something to think about.    It sounds like school districts are not a concern.

If you're attached to Irvine, then San Leon had the nice perk of being able tow alk over to the strip mall on ...alton? that has a ralphs and what not?  Movie Theatre?  But I personally didn't like it, it felt very high density compared to other places I have lived (I have never rented in irvine) and it had a couple BIG laundry rooms instead of many small ones so if you were far from the laundry room you had to lug all your clothes across the complex.  The laundry room was very clean and new looking though.

I've definitely looked outside this Irvine area, most notably Costa Mesa and Fountain Valley.  Thing is, most of my friends who live in OC live in Irvine or south, and for that reason alone I don't mind paying a little bit extra.  Obviously these are not NYC/West LA/SF prices so I can deal with it.  At least for $1,400ish in Irvine/TR you get a clean, new place with a washer/dryer (and garage sometimes).

diulei said:
I've definitely looked outside this Irvine area, most notably Costa Mesa and Fountain Valley.  Thing is, most of my friends who live in OC live in Irvine or south, and for that reason alone I don't mind paying a little bit extra.  Obviously these are not NYC/West LA/SF prices so I can deal with it.  At least for $1,400ish in Irvine/TR you get a clean, new place with a washer/dryer (and garage sometimes).
Definitely come take a look at Oak Glen (it's gated so there's almost always a spot and it's in a nice central location between the 5 and 405).  If you do rent over here, I'll split the referral fee with you.

9:00pm is 'ok' parking imo - i hate when you go out to dinner and a movie and get back at 11 and then have to walk across the street to park.

Well IMHO, if anytime between 5pm and 8am parking is not easy to find, then it's not "good".  One of my peeves is having to look for a parking spot and circling just because you went out to dinner or a movie.

And by good, I don't necessarily mean rows and rows of parking (which Rancho Maderas had), just maybe a 10%+ open spaces (like Somerset).

Back