Places to not miss in OC

based on experiences of people who visited us:

South Coast Plaza (for shoppers)
In-n-out Buger from people who haven't tried (i.e. east coasters)
the beach (choose from many options - Newport pier, Laguna, San Clemente pier, etc)
Laguna Canyon/ Crystal Cove parks for nature lovers
Local eateries (not of the fancy variety, just local joints like Slaters 50/50 or Mama D's or the numerous options in old town Orange)

hmmm... that's about all I can think of right now...  oh yeah, and over priced homes in Irvine!!!

Is this for out of towners? For family fun:

Disneyland
Knotts Berry Farm
Wild Rivers
Irvine Regional Park (which is in Orange... heh)

In addition to SCP for shopping:
Fashion Island
Irvine Spectrum
The Block

No aquariums in OC unless you want to count the seafood department at 99 Ranch. :D

And if they like long lines for cheap baked goods and want to see the Krispy Kreme Phenomena... 85C.

Visit www.TripAdvisor.com and search OC.  They have a complete list of things-to-do / places-to-see ranked by user reviews.  I use TripAdvisor whenever I travel.  It ranks marquee attractions along with hidden gems that most people overlook.

Diamond Street, Laguna. Send them through the "Blow-hole" or some of the caves near by. A fun place to go. For tamer snorkeling try Crescent Bay (South) as it's a wildlife preserve.

Where would I send people (in no particular order or preference) :

1) Ortega Highway - treacherous, but looks alot like old OC.
2) Crystal Cove Beach Cottages. Charming, plus the Shake Shack is open!
3) Holy Jim Falls.
4) The Wedge on a big wave day.
5) Old Town Orange.
6) Mission San Juan Capistrano.
7) Saddleback Church.
8 Depending on the time of year, the Newport Beach Boat Parade.
9) Pelican Hills Golf Course.
10) San Onofre to watch both the surfers and the juvenile Great White Shark out there the locals have dubbed "Fluffy".
11) Downtown Disney.

My .02c

Soylent Green Is People.

We're foodies so here are some food recs:

1.  Trieu Chau on 1st and Newhope in Santa Ana.  Asian ghetto, not for the germaphobes but man they have good noodles.  My last meal on Earth is their extra dry stir fry seafood egg noodle with chinese broccoli..and please don't order their food to go, you don't want to go there.

2.  Honda-Ya in Tustin for some yakitori and the best Kirin Draft beer in the area (don't ask me why, but their Kirin taste the best)
3.  Ding Tai Fun (I know it's in Arcadia, but worth the drive) for the best dumplings...  stick with the juicy pork and if you don't burn your tongue you're not eating it right.

Pat Star said:
ps99472 said:
2.  Honda-Ya in Tustin for some yakitori and the best Kirin Draft beer in the area (don't ask me why, but their Kirin taste the best)

It's that frozen core they have in the middle of the pitcher.  So good.  Those pitchers disappear fast at Honda-Ya.  And the daddy's are usually not driving home after an evening there.

Get there an hour early on the weekend...  otherwise, walk over to beach pit bbq and have a beer...

Back