Petra & Avelina By Landsea Homes

LabLovers

Landsea Homes is opening two new communities in San Juan Capistrano. Petra is opening October 22nd and will include 43 single family homes. Avelina will be opening later this year and will have 89 townhomes. It’s a great location with easy access to historic downtown San Juan Capistrano. San Juan has an array of excellent restaurants, shops and entertainment. There is also a Metrolink/Amtrak station about 1 mile from the community. The community is adjacent to a bike trail that takes you directly to Doheny State Beach. Amenities include BBQ and picnic tables, fire pit, passive parks, tot lot along with exercise stations lining the bike trail.

Petra Plan 1
1759 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
2.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
From The Low $1 Millions

Petra Plan 2
1964 Square Feet
4 Bedrooms
2.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
From The Low $1 Millions
Tax Rate - 1.3% Approximately
HOA - $140/Month at Build Out

Avelina Plan 2
1,779 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms & Den
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing - TBD

Avelina Plan 3
1901 Square Feet
4 Bedrooms Including Downstairs Bedroom
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing – TBD

Avelina Plan 3 End
1840 Square Feet
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing - TBD

Many of you will remember us as the new home sales team John & Laura. In fact, we’ve probably sold some of you a home during our 15 year career selling new communities in Irvine. We’ve decided to go into business for ourselves and are excited to start this new adventure. It would be our pleasure and honor to help you if you’re interested in Petra & Avelina. We have the experience to take you through the entire process from the initial visit to closing. We will be there for you during negotiations, contract signing, frame walk, orientation walk and close of escrow. We personally know the sales team and construction manager for Petra and Avelina.

If you would like for us to help you with this community please reach out to us. We will need to be with you on your first visit for Landsea to honor our participation in the transaction.

John & Laura Spencer
Keller Williams Laguna
DRE# 00964857 & 00622942
949-212-7872
Jaspencer28@yahoo.com

Funny, I was just checking these out as that's the entrance to the bike path we take down to Doheny and San Clemente.

It was an empty lot before and got to see these transform into home lots, then framing and now model homes.

I may have run into you both at model homes in Irvine... Woodbury and Portola Springs... good luck on your new business with Keller Williams!

Funny, I was just checking these out as that's the entrance to the bike path we take down to Doheny and San Clemente.

It was an empty lot before and got to see these transform into home lots, then framing and now model homes.

I may have run into you both at model homes in Irvine... Woodbury and Portola Springs... good luck on your new business with Keller Williams!
Yes we were at Woodbury (Mille Fleurs) and Portola Springs (Serra). Thank you for the well wishes.

Landsea Homes is opening two new communities in San Juan Capistrano. Petra is opening October 22nd and will include 43 single family homes. Avelina will be opening later this year and will have 89 townhomes. It’s a great location with easy access to historic downtown San Juan Capistrano. San Juan has an array of excellent restaurants, shops and entertainment. There is also a Metrolink/Amtrak station about 1 mile from the community. The community is adjacent to a bike trail that takes you directly to Doheny State Beach. Amenities include BBQ and picnic tables, fire pit, passive parks, tot lot along with exercise stations lining the bike trail.

Petra Plan 1
1759 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms
2.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
From The Low $1 Millions

Petra Plan 2
1964 Square Feet
4 Bedrooms
2.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
From The Low $1 Millions
Tax Rate - 1.3% Approximately
HOA - $140/Month at Build Out

Avelina Plan 2
1,779 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms & Den
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing - TBD

Avelina Plan 3
1901 Square Feet
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing – TBD

Avelina Plan 3 End
1840 Square Feet
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing - TBD

Many of you will remember us as the new home sales team John & Laura. In fact, we’ve probably sold some of you a home during our 15 year career selling new communities in Irvine. We’ve decided to go into business for ourselves and are excited to start this new adventure. It would be our pleasure and honor to help you if you’re interested in Petra & Avelina. We have the experience to take you through the entire process from the initial visit to closing. We will be there for you during negotiations, contract signing, frame walk, orientation walk and close of escrow. We personally know the sales team and construction manager for Petra and Avelina.

If you would like for us to help you with this community please reach out to us. We will need to be with you on your first visit for Landsea to honor our participation in the transaction.

John & Laura Spencer
Keller Williams Laguna
DRE# 00964857 & 00622942
949-212-7872
Jaspencer28@yahoo.com
We went to a broker event on Friday for Petra. Here's the latest on the community. Petra released 10 homes before the grand opening this weekend. They've sold 8 homes so far and will be releasing an additional 5 this weekend. The plan 1 starts around $1 million and the plan 2 at $1.1 million. The two homes from the early release will be available for a year end move in. The 5 released this weekend will be available for move in first quarter of 2023. Avelina models are still under construction and will be opening late 2022. Pricing for Avelina hasn't been determined at this time.

Please contact us if you would like to meet and take a look. It's worth the visit, and of course we'd be happy to offer a rebate.

Did a bike ride here again this weekend... haven't looked at the models, just the floorplans but as for the location (which is the primary basis of real estate sales):

Pros:
Freeway close
Near equestrian
Near bike trails (hehe)
Near a private school
Near San Juan Mission community (large variety of shopping and eateries there)
24-Hour Fitness next door
Golf course nearby

Cons:
Freeway close (noise/pollution)
Equestrian center is not very nice looking and there is a horse smell

Is there Mello Roos here? I don't think so.

The detached homes are very close to each other and as another member mentioned, for $1m+ without a downstairs bedroom or office, not sure about pricing during this downturn. It's also a mixed hood with the townhomes on the outside and the detached in the interior so the density may be another factor.

Not sure who the targe audience is but I do think there is a market for this because South County buyers are very different from Irvine or even my own preferences. And to buy something new that is several minutes from the SJC Mission area does bode well.

Maybe once the models are open we will walk through them after a bike ride.

Good luck!

Yes the South County buyer is going to be different than the Irvine buyer. People purchasing here will mostly be buying for the location. The pros and cons you listed are spot on. There are definitely more pros than cons. Backyards for the homes will be in the 10-12 foot range.

The schools for this community are very good and parents seem to be very happy with them. There are also some highly rated private schools (St. Margarets, J Serra, Capo Valley Christian & Fairmont Prep) that are very close to the community.

The tax rate is 1.3% and does include an assessment of approximately $3,000/Year.

For anyone that is looking in South County we are more than happy to educate you on the area. We live in San Juan and are very familiar with South County.

The Avelina townhomes have now opened. There seems to be very good interest with 5 already sold. We were down there on opening weekend and and the place was packed. Both plans have a downstairs bedroom for those that are looking for that. Some of the amenities are in and the community looks great.

Avelina Plan 2
1,779 Square Feet
3 Bedrooms & Den
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing - $774,990

Avelina Plan 3
1901 Square Feet
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing – $804,990

Avelina Plan 3 End
1840 Square Feet
3.5 Baths
2 Car Garage
Pricing - $824,990

If there is anyone that is interested we would love to help you. We know the sales and construction team. We can help you with negotiations, the purchase agreement, frame walks and final walks. We know the entire process and what to look for.

John & Laura Spencer
Keller Williams Laguna
DRE# 00964857 & 00622942
949-212-7872
Jaspencer28@yahoo.com

No one has posted anything specific. Hope things go well for you, John and Laura, but I have to disclose what I saw with my own eyes.

That one row of homes for Petra has been completed (Phase 1?) and many buyers have already moved in. I don't know how Landsea Homes, the builder, ever won some 2022 Builder of the Year award, but I know something messed up is going on at Petra+Avelina. If you peruse the exteriors, you will see the chicken wire (metal lath) exposed through the stucco along the protruding corners, something I have never ever seen before, not even on KB Homes and Lennar. You will also see chips and divets around the exterior stucco--in homes already moved in!--again something I have never seen before, not even in homes one month before closing. You will also see the worst exterior paint job that I have also never seen before, especially the sloppy work where two different paint colors meet. This sloppiness includes painted wood pieces where they meet the stucco.

And yes I have gone into the interiors. Inside, you will see strange chips/divets along the walls and ceilings. And I'm talking about homes in which the buyers have already moved in. It's too bad for buyers that I never wasted my time checking the place out during foundation, framing, and rough drywall. I just wonder what else is wacky about the construction.

Thank you for wishing us the best. It's good for us to hear things like this. and unfortunate that the homes were delivered in this condition. Hopefully the buyers will notice these things and ask that they're repaired. Landsea has a good reputation and should take care of these issues.

This is exactly why we're on Talk Irvine posting about our services. We were both in new homes sales for over 25 years. We know the process and what to look for. We're happy to help any buyer that works with us help in understanding the purchase process, option selections, the frame walk (where we can inspect the foundation, framing and electrical), the final walk ( where would would notice the issues you're talking about) & closing.

We're not affiliated with any particular builder. We would be honored to help anyone that is looking at new home communities in South Orange County or Irvine. It doesn't cost the buyer anything since we're paid a referral fee from the builder and of course we would be happy to offer something back to our buyers.

John & Laura Spencer
Keller Williams Laguna
DRE# 00964857 & 00622942
949-212-7872
Jaspencer28@yahoo.com

Back