Pepper Tree Hills/Tonner Hills in Brea

Yes, I've been watching for this as well... it is still mentioned in the city planning docs.

Take a look at page 95, it's "In the Entitlement Process"

It lists:

Pepper Tree

La Floresta

and Canyon Crest

I've been watching them all and the city of Brea is very helpful if you want to call with questions... I couldn't believe it... they actually returned my call within a few hours when I called a few weeks ago!

I'll post the pdf in the next post...

GITOC

<a href="http://cityofbrea.net/images/default/citydocs/DevSvc/Draft_Housing_Element/Complete_Draft_Element.pdf">City of Brea 2008-2014 Housing Element / Draft</a>

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1213707960]

I've been watching them all and the city of Brea is very helpful if you want to call with questions... I couldn't believe it... they actually returned my call within a few hours when I called a few weeks ago!

I'll post the pdf in the next post...

GITOC</blockquote>

Thanks for the post and the PDF. What question did you ask them? So I guess the Pepper Tree housing is still in progress, but I guess they are very delayed? Do you know if they started anything at all? Thanks again.

<blockquote>Take a look at page 95, it?s ?In the Entitlement Process?</blockquote>

That isn't a good sign. Hopefully IR can chime in, but this long for entitlement is just too long. IMO, there are issues going on behind the scenes of that report. It's too bad, as those areas of Brea would be cool to see developed.

On another note... I read through this entire document last week. And a few things really surprised me.

1. They will be building more 3 story condo's in high density

2. They will be building more work/live units like the South Brea Lofts (that went to AUCTION!)

Why would they continue to build structures that did not do well in the last phase??? The South Brea Lofts sat EMPTY for so long before finally being auctioned off. And the high density three story units have been big in Irvine... but Brea/Fullerton/Placentia area has always been different. More single family detached homes. That is what I see most people who move to these areas are seeking... a traditional home with an actual backyard, a driveway you can park in and not being able to lean out your window and touch your neighbors house! Yuck!

GITOC

Spoke with Planning department of Brea, said this project is an Orange County project that is being headlined by City of Diamond Bar and will not actually part of Brea until someone actually moves into a home, at that point they will be annexed into Brea. Unfortunately they also have not had any new news in regards to construction.

Back