Palin's Fiscal Responsability

[quote author="WINEX" date=1221125230]

You don't think calling someone a bastard child is slander?</blockquote>

No, I don't -- because I don't think there is anything wrong with a person being born to an unmarried mother. Does anyone really care about this? Would you prevent your children playing with another kid because his parents aren't married?

Also, I never heard anyone use the word bastard in this story. That word, in its literal sense, is pretty old-fashioned. It seems to only get used as a vague insult anymore. I think you are using it to be inflammatory.

[quote author="skek" date=1221197527][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1221102772][quote author="skek" date=1221100505] If she's gonna come out with rhetorical guns blazing (which I love), she needs to be able to take return fire.</blockquote>

It would help if she would start taking follow up questions. It would certainly disarm a lot of screaming liberals. Unless, that is, she legitimately can't talk.</blockquote>

Excerpts from the Gibson interview <a href="http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5782924">here</a>.</blockquote>
Great... she's channeling Jake and Elwood Blues.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

<span style="font-size: 13px;"><em>GIBSON: I take your point about Lincoln's words, but you went on and said, "There is a plan and it is God's plan."

PALIN: I believe that there is a plan for this world and that plan for this world is for good. I believe that there is great hope and great potential for every country to be able to live and be protected with inalienable rights that I believe are God-given, Charlie, and I believe that those are the rights to life and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. </em>

</span>

<span style="font-size: 11px;">* except for gays</span>

I hate to break it to you Trooper, but Obama won't let you get married either. Civil unions is as far as he'll go as a politician even if he's willing to let states make their own laws, as is McCain.

Yeah, your not telling me anything I don't know. However, Palin doesn't even support Alaska gay employees in their quest for equal benefits (read: health care, etc.), let alone marriage.

Obama is clearly my choice, even though it's not perfect.

McCain used "Lipstick on a Pig" first.

<a href="http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid61167.asp">Just sayin.....</a>

How about campaigning for open government... when in fact she decided to use personal emails for State business to avoid public scrutiny.

How about being against cronyism... when 5 of her cabinet members are high school chums with no experience in government.

How about running for Council to cut taxes... when she actually ran to push a massive sales tax increase by 2 points... and later adding another .5.

How about being a reformer against earmarks and the Bridge to Nowhere... when in fact she was in favor of the bridge, receives more pork than any other Governor per capita, and in fact continues to support using Bridge to Nowhere money for a new Bridge to Nowhere.

How about telling us she cut spending... when in fact she increased spending 26% in just two years as Governor.

Fascinating NYT Article on Palin...the link has already been posted, but the article really is worth a read.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?_...

<em>Many lawmakers contend that Ms. Palin is overly reliant on a small inner circle that leaves her isolated. Democrats and Republicans alike describe her as often missing in action. Since taking office in 2007, Ms. Palin has spent 312 nights at her Wasilla home, some 600 miles to the north of the governor?s mansion in Juneau, records show.

During the last legislative session, some lawmakers became so frustrated with her absences that they took to wearing ?Where?s Sarah?? pins.

...At an Alaska Municipal League gathering in Juneau in January, mayors across the political spectrum swapped stories of the governor?s remoteness. How many of you, someone asked, have tried to meet with her? Every hand went up, recalled Mayor Fred Shields of Haines Borough. And how many met with her? Just a few hands rose. Ms. Palin soon walked in, delivered a few remarks and left for an anti-abortion rally.

The administration?s e-mail correspondence reveals a siege-like atmosphere. Top aides keep score, demean enemies and gloat over successes. Even some who helped engineer her rise have felt her wrath. </em>

Back