Palin

[quote author="acpme" date=1220399552]am i the only one that thinks all this "dirt" coming out about palin just makes her more sympathetic and bullet-proof?

</blockquote>

I don't know if it makes her more sympathetic, but I am definitely less sympathetic to the Democrats after watching their approach over the weekend on both Palin and the hurricane. If Obama really wants me to believe that he is going to change the way things are done in Washington, he better get a muzzle on self righteous pricks like Michael Moore and Keith Olbermann, and that vile website Daily Kos --- and he better do it quick. They are doing more harm than good to the Democratic cause. Their chest pounding smacks of the same old partisan politics as we have seen for 20 years, and does real damage to Obama's change platform, IMO.

[quote author="CK" date=1220403004][quote author="acpme" date=1220399552]am i the only one that thinks all this "dirt" coming out about palin just makes her more sympathetic and bullet-proof?

</blockquote>

I don't know if it makes her more sympathetic, but I am definitely less sympathetic to the Democrats after watching their approach over the weekend on both Palin and the hurricane. If Obama really wants me to believe that he is going to change the way things are done in Washington, he better get a muzzle on self righteous pricks like Michael Moore and Keith Olbermann, and that vile website Daily Kos --- and he better do it quick. They are doing more harm than good to the Democratic cause. Their chest pounding smacks of the same old partisan politics as we have seen for 20 years, and does real damage to Obama's change platform, IMO.</blockquote>
Obama, to his credit, has already tried to quash this as a campaign issue. If his supporters and those sympathetic to his politics don't follow his example there really isn't much he can do about it. If it was a member of his staff, I would assume he would fire them, based on his past behavior. But how well can any candidate supress the expression of free speech by their supporters?

[quote author="Nude" date=1220403442]

Obama, to his credit, has already tried to quash this as a campaign issue. If his supporters and those sympathetic to his politics don't follow his example there really isn't much he can do about it. If it was a member of his staff, I would assume he would fire them, based on his past behavior. But how well can any candidate supress the expression of free speech by their supporters?</blockquote>

I hear ya, but nonetheless --- it is a turn off, and makes people want to tune out. I do give Obama credit for his statement yesterday, but then I turn on Morning Joe on MSNBC today and there are Obama shills like Jonathan Alter still banging away and all but calling for her to step off the ticket. Although the reporters in the tank for Obama are certainly not paid by the campaign, you would think they would crank down the rhetoric if the campaign <em>really</em> told them to?

I'm just sayin, all the partisanship is the BIG turnoff for me, regardless of which side it comes from. Registered Democrat going third party this time around. I'm sick of them all.

[quote author="Nude" date=1220403442][quote author="CK" date=1220403004][quote author="acpme" date=1220399552]am i the only one that thinks all this "dirt" coming out about palin just makes her more sympathetic and bullet-proof?

</blockquote>

I don't know if it makes her more sympathetic, but I am definitely less sympathetic to the Democrats after watching their approach over the weekend on both Palin and the hurricane. If Obama really wants me to believe that he is going to change the way things are done in Washington, he better get a muzzle on self righteous pricks like Michael Moore and Keith Olbermann, and that vile website Daily Kos --- and he better do it quick. They are doing more harm than good to the Democratic cause. Their chest pounding smacks of the same old partisan politics as we have seen for 20 years, and does real damage to Obama's change platform, IMO.</blockquote>
<strong>Obama, to his credit, has already tried to quash this as a campaign issue.</strong> If his supporters and those sympathetic to his politics don't follow his example there really isn't much he can do about it. If it was a member of his staff, I would assume he would fire them, based on his past behavior. But how well can any candidate supress the expression of free speech by their supporters?</blockquote>

I don't know about that... Obama on Monday nite:

?My understanding is that Gov. Palin?s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year ? we have a budget of about three times that just for the month,? Obama responded.

<a href="http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/obama-defends-natural-disaster-experience/">http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/obama-defends-natural-disaster-experience/</a>

Interesting... running a campaign is good enough to run the country..what's a few more people and a few more dollars.

I'm voting for neither party but comments by Obama are "hypocritical"

maybe we should give mccain some credit. obama is now spending his time comparing his track record with that of a vp candidate... and defending that person's family from liberal attacks.

?My understanding is that Gov. Palin?s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year ? we have a budget of about three times that just for the month,? Obama responded.

<a href="http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/obama-defends-natural-disaster-experience/">http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/01/obama-defends-natural-disaster-experience/</a>

Unbelievable - his experience "running" a campaign - where everyone is his employee, which of course he IS NOT DOING (his managers are), compares to governing actual people with actual issues?

Please.

Obama is just not ready. Let's be honest folks. He is a junior senator with a lot of potential. He needs 300+ advisors to tell him about how the world works, anyone can do a great job with that kind of help.

Maybe in 12 years, but NOT NOW. We have huge issues to deal with. McCain has many flaws, but I don't trust Obama to lead us through the thicket quite yet.

[quote author="CM_Dude" date=1220422760]?My understanding is that Gov. Palin?s town, Wassilla, has I think 50 employees. We've got 2500 in this campaign. I think their budget is maybe 12 million dollars a year ? we have a budget of about three times that just for the month,? Obama responded.

Unbelievable - his experience "running" a campaign - where everyone is his employee, which of course he IS NOT DOING (his managers are), compares to governing actual people with actual issues?

Please.

Obama is just not ready. Let's be honest folks. He is a junior senator with a lot of potential. He needs 300+ advisors to tell him about how the world works, anyone can do a great job with that kind of help.

Maybe in 12 years, but NOT NOW. We have huge issues to deal with. McCain has many flaws, but I don't trust Obama to lead us through the thicket quite yet.</blockquote>
Was he comparing his campaign's natural disaster budget to Wassila's? Or was he comparing his campaign's staff and budget to Wassila's? Either way, Palin now runs a state with 15,000 employees and a budget in the <strong>billions</strong> which dwarfs any 'executive' experience he has gained as a candidate. One thing is certain, he muffed this one.

[quote author="Nude" date=1220423337][quote author="CM_Dude" date=1220422760]?

Was he comparing his campaign's natural disaster budget to Wassila's? Or was he comparing his campaign's staff and budget to Wassila's? Either way, Palin now runs a state with 15,000 employees and a budget in the <strong>billions</strong> which dwarfs any 'executive' experience he has gained as a candidate. One thing is certain, he muffed this one.</blockquote>

Another thing is certain. Seeing Obama trying to compare his experience to Palin's experience fills my heart with joy!

<a href="http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/latestpolls/index.html">Whatever line the Dems are taking, it's gainig traction.</a>

No rise last week, but lookout for Tuesday.

[quote author="lawyerliz" date=1220140865]And Palin sure isn't going to personally take much care of this kid if

she is elected vice prez, and will take virtually no care of the kid if the

old man dies and she has to be prez. Easier to make such of the

decision if you have lots of money to hire supplemental care-givers.

And you get fewer kudos. I have no objection to hiring such extra

people, but as I say, if you know you can do that, well you know that

the strain on you is going to be that much less.</blockquote>

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122040040143693083.html?mod=hps_us_inside_today

An oil-field production operator on Alaska's North Slope, Mr. Palin has taken months off work to help manage a household of five children.

When a Wall Street Journal reporter spent two days following Gov. Palin in June, Mr. Palin kept a low profile, mostly tending to his youngest son, Trig, as the governor attended events in the Anchorage area.

Yet another skeleton:

<a href="http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/la-na-earmarks3-2008sep03,0,5932587.story">Mayor Palin 3-time dishonoree on McCain's "objectionable pork list"</a>

That's not even counting the bridge to nowhere! McCain didn't even vet her in his OWN records!

[quote author="Nude" date=1220395756]"Here", yes. But I didn't say "Republicans on IHB" or "detractors on IHB". The liberal blogs were filled with the rumors in both posts and the comments and it wasn't long before they were repeated here, too. My point was that the theory put forth by Cayci/Graph didn't fit the the facts. Had the rumors not become the main topic of blog posts, the rebuttal wouldn't have been needed.</blockquote>

Nude, I'm 99.99% certain that this rumor started on "celebrity" blogs before Palin was picked for the VP slot. I can't look it up right now, but I will today or tomorrow. If I don't get back to you in the next couple of days, <em>please</em> hold my feet to the fire on it.

You know, I've been thinking about this lately. A "celebrity" candidate with no foreign policy experience and the possibility of nukes landing on our shores.

How did so many people vote for Ronald Reagan in 1980?

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1220485036][quote author="Nude" date=1220395756]"Here", yes. But I didn't say "Republicans on IHB" or "detractors on IHB". The liberal blogs were filled with the rumors in both posts and the comments and it wasn't long before they were repeated here, too. My point was that the theory put forth by Cayci/Graph didn't fit the the facts. Had the rumors not become the main topic of blog posts, the rebuttal wouldn't have been needed.</blockquote>

Nude, I'm 99.99% certain that this rumor started on "celebrity" blogs before Palin was picked for the VP slot. I can't look it up right now, but I will today or tomorrow. If I don't get back to you in the next couple of days, <em>please</em> hold my feet to the fire on it.</blockquote>
I read it first on Wonkette. I'm not sure if that meets your definition of "celebrity" but it definitely meets my definition of "liberal".

The Palin rumors were running wild in Alaska before she was ever nominated for VP. The day it was announced Republican State Senate leader Lyda Green made a snide comment about how she was "remarkably well-disguised." And if Palin's story is actually true - and she took a high-risk delivery (premature Down's syndrome and delayed delivery) and flew across the country under false premises, past 3 large cities with excellent hospitals, to have the baby delivered by a GP in a podunk hospital - then she was trying to get that baby killed. I don't think she was doing that. If you don't think Palin is evil, then she was covering up *something*. You can hardly blame people for being interested - it has to be something juicy that she'd pretend to be a wannabe babykiller to cover it up.

[quote author="FairEconomist" date=1220492738]The Palin rumors were running wild in Alaska before she was ever nominated for VP. The day it was announced Republican State Senate leader Lyda Green made a snide comment about how she was "remarkably well-disguised." And if Palin's story is actually true - and she took a high-risk delivery (premature Down's syndrome and delayed delivery) and flew across the country under false premises, past 3 large cities with excellent hospitals, to have the baby delivered by a GP in a podunk hospital - then she was trying to get that baby killed. I don't think she was doing that. If you don't think Palin is evil, then she was covering up *something*. You can hardly blame people for being interested - it has to be something juicy that she'd pretend to be a wannabe babykiller to cover it up.</blockquote>
This <a href="http://www.adn.com/626/story/382864.html">article</a> completely refutes everything you just said as bullshit. But I've come to expect manure whenever I read your posts.

[quote author="Nude" date=1220493397][quote author="FairEconomist" date=1220492738]The Palin rumors were running wild in Alaska before she was ever nominated for VP. The day it was announced Republican State Senate leader Lyda Green made a snide comment about how she was "remarkably well-disguised." And if Palin's story is actually true - and she took a high-risk delivery (premature Down's syndrome and delayed delivery) and flew across the country under false premises, past 3 large cities with excellent hospitals, to have the baby delivered by a GP in a podunk hospital - then she was trying to get that baby killed. I don't think she was doing that. If you don't think Palin is evil, then she was covering up *something*. You can hardly blame people for being interested - it has to be something juicy that she'd pretend to be a wannabe babykiller to cover it up.</blockquote>
This <a href="http://www.adn.com/626/story/382864.html">article</a> completely refutes everything you just said as bullshit. But I've come to expect manure whenever I read your posts.</blockquote>

Backs up everything I said. From the article:

<blockquote>Still, a Sacramento, Calif., obstetrician who is active in the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, said when a pregnant woman's water breaks, she should go right to the hospital because of the risk of infection. That's true even if the amniotic fluid simply leaks out, said Dr. Laurie Gregg.</blockquote>

And that's for everybody. Never mind premature deliveries of Down's syndrome babies.

Back