Painter references

trip

Hello - I've been calling around to get quotes for painting the entire home that's about 3500 sqft.  Ceiling, doors, baseboard, cabinet, everything.  The least expensive quote I found is from Paul Shin of Best Western painting.  Just wondering if anyone has use this company and can vouch for their workmanship quality.  Thanks.

We used Paul.  He did ok.  I would give him a 7 out of 10.  He used Dunn-Edwards paint but did short-cut and not primer the bathrooms though.  Then his painting guy tried to charge us for a couple of extra cans of paint that they initially didnt account for.  Needless to say, I objected and did not pay. 

I guess I would use him again if budget was the key factor (ie rental property), but if you have other quotes that are in the same ballpark, you may want to consider those if you think they will be of a higher quality.  Good luck and let us know how it goes!

trip said:
Hello - I've been calling around to get quotes for painting the entire home that's about 3500 sqft.  Ceiling, doors, baseboard, cabinet, everything.  The least expensive quote I found is from Paul Shin of Best Western painting.  Just wondering if anyone has use this company and can vouch for their workmanship quality.  Thanks.

I've always used Orlando's Painting Phone: 714-839-1504

Tell them Will from Irvine referred you and they should take good care of you.  Ask for Pat.

Thanks Homer.  I had them over the house and waiting for their quote.  I will mention your name when they get back to me.

I did read past threads and called all the recommended painters.  Orlando, 3-High, etc.  Can't believe the prices are all over the place.  Quotes range from2750-9000.  Most fall in the 4K ball park plus or minus a few hundreds dollars.

trip said:
I did read past threads and called all the recommended painters.  Orlando, 3-High, etc.  Can't believe the prices are all over the place.  Quotes range from2750-9000.  Most fall in the 4K ball park plus or minus a few hundreds dollars.
Who quoted you $9k?  That's a bigger rip off than going through the builder.

I hired a guy who painted new homes for Lennar.  My sister saw him painting in a Lennar home she bought and asked for his number.  He's not licensed and charged less than the average quotes I received.  His painting skill is fine for wall, but a little sloppy on the wood.  He does use a bunch of cousins so may be they were the sloppy one.  For example, he sprayed the baseboard, but did not clean it up before painting, so the baseboard is coarse due to dust on the surface.  We made him sanded the baseboard and repainted.  I would not recommend him because he's unlicensed.  I only hired him because my sister recommended him and I know Lennar hired him.

The Motor Court Company said:
We recently used 3-high for our new home. I would recommend them and give them 8 out of 10.
I'm glad it worked out for you... he did 3 different jobs for us and they were all pretty good... but you never know because like construction, the work depends on the subs.

irvinehomeowner said:
The Motor Court Company said:
We recently used 3-high for our new home. I would recommend them and give them 8 out of 10.
I'm glad it worked out for you... he did 3 different jobs for us and they were all pretty good... but you never know because like construction, the work depends on the subs.

wait- these painters use subs?  i thought most painters are just that person and an assistant...

Not sure if subs in true sense of the word... on all 3 jobs... I recognized the same guys... the owner was really only supervising (he helped out with smaller jobs).

The painters I used to use were brothers and it was only them and on other guy... one brother moved out of the country and the people who took over used different assistants and I didn't like the one job they did so we stopped using them and started using 3-High.

Back